In case your fridge is full of zucchini but it surely’s too scorching to make zucchini bread, crispy baked zucchini, or stuffed zucchini boats, what must you prepare dinner? Grilled zucchini, after all! Lots of the time, I grill zucchini together with a mixture of different rainbow veggies, however currently, we’ve had a lot of it readily available that I’ve been grilling it up by itself. Fortunately for us, it’s a scrumptious summer time aspect dish.
Whereas numerous grilled zucchini recipes name for slicing the squash into skinny slabs, I like to chop it into wedges. This fashion, the zucchini retains a pleasant chunk because it cooks. Evenly charred & tender, these good grilled zucchini wedges are nice on their very own, so you possibly can cease there in order for you. Nevertheless, I extremely advocate that you just take them one step additional by serving them with lemony Greek yogurt, recent herbs, and feta. This preparation is really easy to toss collectively, and it transforms the plain grilled zucchini right into a vibrant & easy, but elevated, aspect dish.
Grilled Zucchini Recipe Substances
This straightforward grilled zucchini recipe makes use of just some components, but it surely’s loaded with tangy taste and many yummy textures. Right here’s what you might want to make it:
- Zucchini! A mixture of yellow squash and zucchini would work right here too.
- Lemon. I squeeze the juice over the recent grilled zucchini and blend the zest into the creamy yogurt base.
- Greek yogurt. An additional-thick yogurt makes the right tangy, clean base for the grilled veggies.
- Garlic. I finely grate one clove to provide the yogurt an additional kick.
- Feta. Sprinkle the platter generously with the feta for tangy, salty taste.
- Mint leaves. They’re a pleasant recent garnish for the intense zucchini and tangy yogurt.
- Pink pepper flakes. A pop of shade and a bit of warmth are the right ending touches for this recipe.
That’s it! Slather a platter with the lemony yogurt, and pile it excessive with the grilled zucchini, feta, recent herbs, and pink pepper flakes.
When you’ve chopped your zucchini, grilling it’s straightforward! Preheat a grill or grill pan to excessive warmth, and toss the zucchini wedges with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
When the grill is scorching, grill the wedges cut-side-down for about 2 minutes. Then, flip them and grill them skin-side-down for a further Three-Four minutes, till grill marks kind.
Take away the zucchini from the grill and switch it to a plate or giant bowl. Whereas it’s nonetheless scorching, toss it with lemon juice. Take pleasure in it as-is, or proceed with the recipe under!
What to Serve with Grilled Zucchini
Serve this grilled zucchini recipe as a aspect with no matter you’re grilling or with a summer time pasta like this veggie penne pasta, mushroom pasta, pasta pomodoro, or pesto pasta. It’d be nice with a hearty couscous or pasta salad too.
Alternatively, get some good crusty bread, add few handfuls of roasted chickpeas, and name it dinner by itself!
Attempt tossing leftover grilled zucchini into orzo or thinly slicing it and including it to a grilled cheese sandwich.
In the event you love this grilled zucchini recipe…
Attempt grilling asparagus, portobello mushrooms, corn, or veggie skewers subsequent!
Creator: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe kind: Facet dish
- Three small-medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise, lower in half horizontally
- Additional-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- ½ cup entire milk Greek yogurt
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- ½ garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup recent mint
- Pinch of pink pepper flakes
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat a grill to excessive warmth. Toss the zucchini evenly with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Grill lower side-down for two minutes, then flip and grill skin-side down for Three to Four minutes or till char marks kind. Take away from the grill, switch to a plate, and squeeze with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine collectively the yogurt, lemon zest, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Unfold the yogurt on a medium serving platter, high with the zucchini, feta, mint, and pink pepper flakes. Season to style and serve.