This put up is sponsored by Bob’s Pink Mill. See under for extra data.
Possibly on day I’ll cease sharing fritter recipes however in all probability not contemplating we eat them nearly each week. This fall model options cauliflower, rolled oats, and a beautiful sunflower cream sauce.
Fritters for each season
I really like having fritter recipes for each season and nearly each vegetable. There’s one thing very satisfying a few crisp patty, anytime of the yr. These cauliflower ones are a bit on the wetter facet, so be affected person if you’re cooking. They should set/be golden all the best way earlier than you try to flip.
Bob’s Pink Mill Rolled Oats
With regards to fritters, I normally various between breadcrumbs, flour, or oatmeal as a the majority/binder assist. I really like utilizing the oats although as a result of it means these patties are gluten-free. I additionally all the time have Bob’s Pink Mill Rolled oats available due to the quantity of oatmeal and granola we eat in the home.
In fact, no fritter can be full with no unfold of some type. Whereas I normally go together with hummus, I assumed I’d share one other one in all my favourite choices (that works effectively for this recipe and for a myriad of different recipes). This sunflower cream is pleasant.
One caveat: the sunflower seeds do have a stronger taste in comparison with cashews. I truly adore it on this recipe with the cauliflower and herbs. You possibly can, nonetheless, swap to cashews if you happen to occurred to have them available.
Serve this with:
Lastly, I stored these easy by topping with a number of microgreens however the fritters would even be scrumptious with a full salad or roasted greens on the facet. I’ve additionally been identified to serve with a facet of marinated beans as effectively.
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup water
2 tablespoons minced recent chives
2 tablespoons minced recent parsley
1 tablespoon minced recent dill
1 cup Bob’s Pink Mill rolled oats
three cups cauliflower florets (see be aware)
¼ cup crumbled feta
2 giant eggs
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
Pinch of salt
Oil, for frying
Flakey Sea Salt
- An hour earlier than making this, soak the sunflower seeds in sufficient heat water cowl by an inch.
- When prepared to begin, pulse the rolled oats and cauliflower collectively till the cauliflower is in small items. Add the feta, baking powder, curry powder, and salt; pulsing once more to mix. Lastly, add the eggs and pulse a number of extra instances till the combination comes collectively.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium-low warmth. Add sufficient oil to cowl the underside of the pan. Barely moist your palms, take about ¼ cup of the combination, form right into a patty and place into the pan. Alternatively, scoop the combination with a spoon, slide into the pan, and press down with the again of the spoon.
- Cook dinner the patties till the facet is deeply golden. Rigorously flip and repeat. Should you try to flip too early, the patties will collapse. Repeat with remaining combination.
- Whereas the fritters are cooking, drain the water from the sunflower seeds and place in a blender with ½ cup of recent water, herbs, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. Puree till easy, including a splash extra water as wanted to skinny sufficient to mix.
- Serve the fritters with a variety of sunflower cream and high with the microgreens.
After I say three cups, it’s a mounded three cups which labored out to be about ½ head of medium cauliflower.
Key phrases: cauliflower fritters
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me maintain this web site operating to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.