Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
Since my husband is Italian, we take pleasure in our share of Italian meals (healthy alfredo, yum!). Hen Francese is one other Italian dish I’ve come to like (and it sounds a lot fancier than “breaded rooster”!).
This Italian-American dish is assumed to have originated from Italian immigrants. It was seemingly a variation of veal Francese since veal was seemingly too costly for immigrants within the early U.S.
This recipe is a scrumptious and straightforward meal for anybody who loves the flavors of Italy.
The right way to Make Gluten-Free Breaded Hen
Conventional Italian cooking will be heavy on grains (like pasta and bread) in addition to breaded and fried meals. Hen Francese is historically cooked with all-purpose flour, however I needed to discover a method to make this dish grain-free.
I discovered that cassava flour works properly as a alternative for all-purpose flour. It creates a crispy coating that feels rather a lot like old style fried rooster.
Cassava flour comes from yucca (cassava) root, which is a root vegetable, not a grain. It is rather starchy, so should you’re seeking to keep away from starches and carbs it might not give you the results you want. Nonetheless, there’s little or no flour used for dredging, so I feel this recipe can work for these making an attempt to eat decrease carb as properly.
I additionally fry in olive oil or different wholesome fat (as a substitute of rancid vegetable oils) so this dish is simply made with elements I be ok with feeding my household.
The right way to Make Hen Francese
This dish is very easy to make it has change into one in all our favourite weeknight meals!
First, I dredge the rooster in cassava flour after which give it a fast dunk in crushed egg. Subsequent, I pan fry the rooster till it’s browned. Lastly, I add the opposite elements to the pan to create a lemony white wine sauce, return the rooster to the pan, and put the entire thing within the oven to complete cooking.
Then all there’s left to do is serve and luxuriate in!
Tasty Sides for a Scrumptious Entree
Listed here are some concepts for sides to serve alongside along with your Hen Francese:
- Herb Roasted Potatoes or Candy Potatoes – These are easy to make and will be seasoned nevertheless you want.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts – Roasted veggies are all the time an awesome aspect dish. These Brussels sprouts are the explanation I beginning consuming Brussels sprouts to start with (they’re that good!).
- Carrot Coulis – This aspect dish is nice alongside rooster or beef and might even be used as a dip or sauce. I usually make this when cooking for a crowd when carrots are in season. Here is the recipe.
- Mashed Cauliflower “Potatoes” – I don’t usually eat white potatoes however I do make this cauliflower-based substitute. It’s nice together with rooster or beef dishes and is tasty sufficient that the children take pleasure in it too.
- Steamed Broccoli – Primary steamed broccoli (or one other vegetable) is a fast alternative for a aspect dish. I like so as to add garlic oil or butter for added taste.
- Sauteed Greens – Some of the nutrient-dense greens we are able to eat is greens. I like sauteing some onion and garlic (perhaps add some herbs and spices), and including no matter greens I’ve obtainable. I get a big serving of greens this manner.
- Garlic Roasted Romanesco – This fun-looking vegetable is similar to cauliflower (however rather more attention-grabbing!) and is a superb alternative for including a connoisseur really feel to a meal. Here’s how to make it.
- Prompt Pot Mushroom Risotto – This simple risotto makes an awesome aspect dish for rooster and will be made shortly within the Prompt Pot.
- Roasted Asparagus – Simple and scrumptious, asparagus all the time makes a plate look additional particular. Try it roasted.
Throw out conference and take a look at making multiple vegetable aspect! Let’s goal for piles of inexperienced on our plates!
Hen Francese Recipe
A scrumptious Italian-American dish of cassava breaded rooster breasts simmered in a lemon, butter, garlic, and white wine sauce.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Put the cassava flour in a small bowl or shallow dish.
In one other bowl, beat the eggs.
Pat the rooster dry and coat it with cassava flour.
Dip it within the crushed eggs.
Warmth the oil in giant skillet over medium excessive warmth.
When sizzling, brown the rooster on each side.
Take away the rooster from the skillet and put aside.
To the skillet, add the wine, broth, parsley, salt, pepper, butter, and lemon juice and zest.
When the butter has melted, stir within the arrowroot or cornstarch and whisk till simply beginning to thicken.
If the skillet is oven protected, add the rooster again and switch to coat each side. If not, place the rooster in a 9X13 baking dish and pour the wine sauce over it.
Bake for 15 minutes till the rooster is totally cooked.
We wish to serve this over rice or cauliflower rice to take in all of the yummy lemon sauce.
Serving: 1breast | Energy: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 30g | Fats: 24g | Saturated Fats: 9g | Ldl cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 883mg | Potassium: 646mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 507IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 2mg
What’s your favourite do-it-yourself Italian dish?