Tell me, exactly what’s your morning meal weak point? Pancakes? Waffles? Mine is French salute. Eggy bread that’s soft in the crisp as well as center around the sides with a great dashboard of cinnamon throughout … exactly what’s not to like? Well, it could usually be fairly an indulgent sugar bomb, which is why I prefer to make it in your home where I could make use of active ingredients that are a little bit lighter. I normally make French salute on the stovetop for simply myself as well as Jack, yet today I’m sharing this baked variation which would certainly be so tasty for Christmas early morning or a vacation breakfast where you’re preparing for greater than 2 (though Jack had no worry completing this off …).
This French salute is lighter compared to the majority of– I switched out whipping cream for almond milk as well as as opposed to routine sugar I utilized Truvia Brown Sugar Blend. I obtain SO MANY ask for reduced sugar dishes stevia-based sweetners. That’s why I’m delighted to share this dish in collaboration with Truvia.
The ideal aspect of Truvia Brown Sugar Blend is that the structure is the precise very sameas routine brownish sugar since it’s made from a mix of Truvia Natural Sweetener as well as brownish sugar. The mix is sweeter compared to routine brownish sugar so you make use of half as much for the exact same taste as well as sweet taste yet with 75% less calories compared to full-calorie brownish sugar. I blended it with cinnamon as well as sprayed everything over this recipe prior to I baked it. It caramelized ahead in the stove offering the top of the bread a fascinating crisp side.
This dish is incredibly very easy making. Begin with challah bread that’s a couple of days old as well as cut it very thick. Dip it in the egg/almond milk mix, as well as lots it right into the cooking recipe.
Sprinkle with the Truvia Brown Sugar Blend as well ascinnamon mix prior to cooking. As soon as baked, I covered my own with pomegranates as well as toasted almonds, yet do not hesitate to offer this with whatever garnishes or fruit you such as– raspberries or blueberries would certainly be tasty!
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Baked French Toast
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 mug almond milk
- 1 tbsp Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 10to 12 (1-inch) pieces challah bread, regarding 1 loaf, reduced on a minor diagonal
- Non-stick spray or olive oil
- 3 tbsps Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 1/4 loading tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 mug cut almonds, toasted
- 1/4 mug pomegranate arils, or preferred fruit
- Maple syrup, optional
- Preheat the stove to 350 ° F as well as gently oil a 9x13cooking recipe with nonstick spray or olive oil.
- In a tool dish, blend with each other the eggs, almond milk, 1 tbsp brownish sugar, 1 tsp of cinnamon, as well as sea salt.
- In a tiny dish, mix with each other the 3 tbsps of brownish sugar as well as 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- Dip each piece of bread right into the egg mix as well as overlap them, a little slanted, in the cooking recipe. Alternating the pieces as you put them in the recipe so the tops are up and down equivalent if one side of your loaf is greater compared to the various other. This will certainly aid them cook as well as brownish much more equally. Sprinkle with the brownish sugar/cinnamon mix as well as cook for 30 mins or up until the eggs are established as well as the top is gold brownish as well as crisp.
- Top with the toasted almonds as well as fruit as well as offer with syrup, if preferred.
This message remains in collaboration with Truvia, thanks for sustaining the enrollers that maintain us cooking!
Allow us see if you make this! Tag your picture with #loveandlemonson Instagram.