Once we went grain free, I assumed I had given up the waffle iron without end. As a substitute we ate a number of variations of frittatas and breakfast casseroles or repurposed leftovers.
The waffle iron sat in our attic for a 12 months till the youngsters requested if we might make waffles once more. I performed round with a number of concepts and finally got here up with this recipe. Not like common waffles these are full of protein and may even be made dairy free as properly.
Making Waffles With Coconut Flour
Coconut flour is a protein and fiber-packed different to regular wheat flour. If you happen to’ve by no means cooked with coconut flour earlier than, it takes a little bit apply to study to make use of appropriately. You need to positively be made conscious that coconut flour acts like a sponge. It soaks up no matter liquid it’s blended with. For that motive, most recipes that use coconut flour name for under a small quantity.
This one makes use of simply half a cup and is whisked along with eight (sure, eight) eggs. The additional eggs are wanted to create the appropriate texture with these waffles.
We actually like cinnamon (plus it has great health benefits), so I put a couple of tablespoon of cinnamon in these. Be at liberty to scale back that quantity in case you’re not as loopy in regards to the spice as I’m.
These coconut flour waffles actually are scrumptious, simply don’t attempt to eat as many of those as you would common waffles — they’re further filling!
Waffle Breakfast Sandwiches
For a quick, on-the-go breakfast, make a waffle breakfast sandwich. Lower a waffle in half and put eggs and bacon/sausage and perhaps a slice of cheese inside.
Leftover waffles are additionally nice crisped up within the toaster or on a baking sheet within the oven.
Coconut Flour Waffle Recipe
A protein and fiber wealthy waffle recipe
Preheat waffle iron.
In a medium measurement bowl beat the eggs with whisk or immersion blender.
Add the melted butter or coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt and blend properly.
Add the coconut flour and blend properly. The batter ought to be thick. Whether it is too skinny, add a little bit extra coconut flour.
Spoon into preheated and greased waffle iron and cook dinner till gentle brown and agency to the touch.
Serve with a pat of butter and a few do-it-yourself strawberry syrup, pure maple syrup, or almond butter.
Serving: 1waffle | Energy: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 14g | Fats: 34g | Saturated Fats: 19g | Ldl cholesterol: 388mg | Sodium: 650mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1185IU | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 2.2mg
Extra Wholesome Breakfast Concepts
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins – made with coconut flour, they’re gluten free and scrumptious
- Breakfast Egg Muffins – bacon curled across the fringe of a muffin cup, full of bell pepper, onion, and egg, and baked within the oven
- Breakfast Pizza – a sausage patty topped with eggs, cheese, inexperienced onion, mushrooms, and perhaps a little bit salsa
- Coconut Chia Porridge
- Coconut Flour or Almond Flour Pancakes
- Easy Egg Wraps – I haven’t tried these but, however I like the concept of utilizing eggs as a wrap as a substitute of a standard tortilla or flatbread
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage – my not-so-secret seasoning recipe
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins – blueberries and a little bit lemon zest topped with a pecan topping… mmm!
What’s your favourite waffle recipe? Have you ever made a wholesome model of an unhealthy favourite? Inform me under!