I say this on a regular basis, however I actually consider that the important thing to an ideal veggie meal (or any meal, actually) is a superb sauce! With an ideal sauce available, you need to use no matter veggies/grains/proteins you need to simply make salads, bowls, tacos, or sandwiches any evening of the week. This smoky, creamy chipotle sauce is one among my absolute favorites to punch up any meal. It began as a sauce to the cauliflower tacos in my first cookbook and now I adore it on every thing from burrito bowls to breakfast tacos. It’s additionally nice as a candy potato fries dipping sauce, because it’s pictured right here immediately. Maintain studying for the way to make it (and sure, there’s a vegan model!).
The right way to Make the Greatest Chipotle Sauce
What’s the key to creating an ideal chipotle mayo? Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. They’ve a tremendous smoky, spicy taste that makes them one among my go-to elements in savory recipes. Should you’ve by no means used chipotles in adobo, don’t fear – they’re not arduous to search out. Most grocery shops carry them within the Mexican aisle. After you make this recipe, use your leftover chipotles in BBQ jackfruit sliders or creamy vegan nacho cheese!
On this recipe, I stability the warmth of the chipotles with sweetness from honey, richness from Greek yogurt & mayonnaise, and brightness from lime to make an addictive sauce that’s a bit lighter than a conventional chipotle aioli. And no want to fret in case you’re vegan – maple syrup and vegan mayo work completely rather than the honey, yogurt, and conventional mayonnaise.
The right way to Use Chipotle Sauce
Okay, you’ve made your chipotle sauce. Now what do you do with it? I like to make use of it as a candy potato fries dipping sauce, and it’s nice to have available for fast no-recipe meals. Drizzle it over a burrito bowl or roasted veggies, or dollop it onto tacos just like the cauliflower tacos in our first ebook! You could possibly additionally slather it onto a sandwich or use it to high your favourite veggie burger.
As well as, it will be scrumptious in any of those recipes:
- Spicy Mango, Black Bean & Avocado Tacos (sub in chipotle mayo for the sriracha mayo)
- Crispy Butternut Squash & Poblano Tacos (use this sauce as a substitute of the poblano sauce)
- The Greatest Darn Vegan Veggie Burger
- Vegan Black Bean Quinoa Burger
- Taco Bowl with Cucumber Jalapeño Ranch
- Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowl
Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- ½ cup entire milk Greek yogurt (*see vegan notice)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (Sir Kensington’s is greatest right here)
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Place the yogurt, mayo, chipotle pepper, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, honey or maple syrup, and beneficiant pinches of salt and freshly floor black pepper right into a meals processor. Mix till easy. Season to style with extra salt and pepper, if desired.
- Retailer within the fridge as much as 1 week.