Is there something higher than creamy pasta? How about creamy tomato pasta! I’m so enthusiastic about this recipe as a result of it’s principally every little thing I wish to eat for dinner any night time of the week. Massive, hearty, rigatoni noodles are coated in a tangy, luscious creamy tomato sauce. Plus, it’s a wholesome bowl of pasta as a result of there are fairly just a few yummy sautéed greens blended in right here as effectively.
This publish is in partnership with Mutti Tomatoes, Italy’s #1 tomato model, which is ideal timing as a result of we’re actually craving summer time meals over right here… although it’s solely April and summer time continues to be some time away. Because of Mutti, we will dream of Italian summer time nights with their fresh-tasting 100% Italian tomatoes, that are picked at their peak ripeness and full of solely a pinch of sea salt.
This recipe is a two parter. The primary half is my go-to Marinara sauce. Other than utilizing it to make the creamy pasta sauce on this last recipe, it’s a easy, fast pantry-based recipe that it is best to maintain in your again pocket. It’s scrumptious on pasta, pizza, and even spaghetti squash. Everybody wants a primary marinara recipe and this one is mine.
Creamy Pasta Pomodoro
Now to make marinara just a bit bit extra thrilling… we’re mixing it right into a creamy pasta sauce! Oh, and I forgot to say, we’re not utilizing cream or cheese… however nobody has to know that. To make the creamy tomato sauce, merely mix the marinara with cashews and tomato paste.
For this recipe I exploit Mutti Double Concentrated Tomato Paste. This isn’t any bizarre tomato paste – this tomato paste is so great as a result of it is available in a tube as a substitute of a tiny can! I usually like to make use of just a bit bit of tomato paste to dramatically punch up flavors in sauces and soups. It’s SO handy to have the ability to use a tablespoon and retailer the remainder (it lasts a very very long time) with out having to utilize a whole can.
As a result of it is a vegetable weblog, I wish to serve my pasta with equal elements vegetable. Zucchini, spinach, arugula, recent thyme, and Mutti Cherry Tomatoes make this creamy pasta pomodoro mild and recent.
Check out that creamy sauce!
I hope you’re keen on this recipe, however that’s not all I’ve for you right this moment – we’re freely giving a enjoyable tomato prize pack to at least one fortunate winner!
The giveaway consists of all kinds of 100% Italian tomatoes and different enjoyable presents from Mutti.
To enter: Go away a remark under telling me what you like to make with tomatoes!
We’ll select a winner at random on four/30/19. US addresses solely.
Creamy Pasta Pomodoro
Writer: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe sort: Foremost Dish
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- three tablespoons finely minced shallot
- 1 giant garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly floor black pepper
- 1 (14-ounce) can Mutti Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon cane sugar
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of purple pepper flakes
- Marinara recipe, from above
- ¼ cup uncooked cashews
- ½ tablespoon Mutti Tomato Paste
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup pasta water
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 10 ounces rigatoni
- Further-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced into skinny half moons
- 2 tablespoons recent thyme leaves
- 2 (14-ounce) cans Mutti Cherry Tomatoes, drained
- 6 cups spinach or mixture of spinach & arugula
- ¼ cup chopped parsley or sliced basil
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Make the marinara sauce: Warmth the olive oil in a small pot over low warmth. Add the shallot, garlic, salt, and some grinds of black pepper and prepare dinner for three minutes, stirring usually. Add the tomatoes and their juices, balsamic vinegar, cane sugar, oregano, and purple pepper flakes. Cowl and simmer over low warmth for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Make the creamy sauce: Add the marinara to a blender with the cashews, tomato paste, salt, and ¼ cup of water. Mix till easy. Put aside till prepared to make use of. Earlier than serving, stir in ¼ cup scorching pasta cooking water to loosen it up in order that it’ll properly coat the pasta.
- Cook dinner the pasta in a big pot of salted boiling water in response to bundle instructions or till al dente.
- Whereas the pasta cooks, warmth beneficiant drizzles of olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium warmth. Add the zucchini, thyme, and beneficiant pinches of salt and pepper. Sautee, stirring often, till calmly browned, about three minutes. Add the tomatoes, scale back the warmth to low, and prepare dinner for two to three extra minutes or till heated by. Add the spinach and gently toss till wilted. Season to style with extra salt and pepper.
- Scoop the pasta into particular person bowls, add scoops of the creamy sauce, and toss to coat. Distribute the greens among the many bowls and high with parsley and or basil. Season to style and serve.
This publish is in partnership with Mutti.