Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
I’m a huge fan of soup. It’s simple to throw collectively, simple to freeze for later, and a wholesome meal selection. My household additionally loves southwestern and Mexican flavors, so I created this hen tortilla soup to meld the 2.
Wholesome Hen Tortilla Soup
I’m all about taking previous favourite recipes and making them more healthy. Fortunately, soup is already a fairly wholesome meals and simply wants just a few tweaks. Listed below are a few of the methods this soup can help optimum well being.
Sizzling peppers are an ideal addition to a meal when you could have a runny nostril or different delicate sickness. The capsaicin within the peppers can ease ache and can also be recognized to help the immune system.
Bone broth is one other immune-supporting meals. Bone broth from grass-fed sources comprises:
- calcium, magnesium, and phosphorous
- collagen for wholesome hair, pores and skin, and nails
- gelatin (which is a protein and comprises amino acids proline and glycine)
Bone broth can also be soothing to the digestive tract so it’s nice for upset tummies.
Hen tortilla soup wouldn’t be the identical with out the tortillas. However my household doesn’t eat grains (aside from white rice often), so I needed to discover a tortilla chip various. The chips I exploit on this recipe are made with cassava flour, in order that they’re additionally nut-free and protected for most individuals on an autoimmune diet. (And don’t fear… they’re extraordinarily scrumptious!)
I don’t eat beans too usually, however I do know some folks can’t eat a hen tortilla soup with out some beans. They’re simple so as to add in in order for you them and are simply as simple to depart out in the event you don’t.
This recipe requires salsa verde as a part of the broth. I really like this salsa as a result of it makes use of tomatillos as an alternative of tomatoes for a barely tangier style and denser texture. If you happen to don’t like salsa verde, you should utilize common salsa as an alternative. I additionally like this fermented salsa recipe as a result of it provides useful micro organism and digestive enzymes to the meal.
A Easy Weeknight Meal
I’m an enormous fan of one-pot meals, Immediate Pot recipes, or different dinner concepts that make meal prep fast and straightforward (and if clean-up is brief, even higher!). This hen tortilla soup recipe suits the invoice.
It takes just some minutes within the Immediate Pot, so it may be able to eat after an extended day. You possibly can throw it within the Crock-Pot within the morning and have dinner prepared by the point everyone seems to be residence at evening.
It’s additionally simple to freeze (simply omit the toppings till it’s reheated). Let the soup cool and measure 2 cup parts right into a freezer container of selection (I like to use glass). Freeze for as much as two months.
Right here’s methods to make it!
Hen Tortilla Soup Recipe
Do-it-yourself hen tortilla soup made with roasted salsa verde, black beans, and plenty of veggies.
Within the Immediate Pot, mix the hen, onion, garlic, salsa verde, diced tomatoes, hen broth, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
Cook dinner on excessive strain for eight minutes, with a fast strain launch when the time is up.
Activate the saute perform and stir within the black beans, bell pepper, and zucchini.
Cook dinner, stirring often, till the bell pepper and zucchini are tender.
High with non-compulsory toppings and revel in!
Simply make this within the Crock-Pot or on the range utilizing the identical technique as above, simply simmer it till the hen is cooked via. Cook dinner time is about Four-6 hours on low for the Crock-Pot, or 20-30 minutes simmering on the range.
Serving: 2cups | Energy: 222.62kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.02g | Protein: 17.65g | Fats: 12.78g | Saturated Fats: three.47g | Ldl cholesterol: 54.43mg | Sodium: 767.07mg | Potassium: 521.29mg | Fiber: 1.17g | Sugar: 5.04g | Vitamin A: 1122.17IU | Vitamin C: 35.59mg | Calcium: 29.54mg | Iron: 1.51mg
Need Extra Southwest-Impressed Recipes?
My household loves southwestern flavors, so we embody considered one of these recipes in our meal rotation often.
- Tex-Mex Lettuce Tacos – I’m all the time trying so as to add extra greens to my household’s meals. This recipe is a straightforward means to try this!
- Huevos Rancheros – This conventional Mexican breakfast is so easy it’s hardly price a recipe. I found this scrumptious meal in Texas and have made it at residence ever since.
- Mexican Beef and Rice Bowls – So Easy to make, this recipe tops my record for straightforward weeknight recipes. That is simple to customise to every individual’s choice with quite a lot of topping choices.
- Chipotle Style Burrito Bowl – Since we don’t eat grains, I’ve needed to give you intelligent methods to serve the Mexican and southwest meals we love. This burrito bowl is one instance (and tastes similar to a Chipotle take-out meal!).
- Paleo Tex-Mex Casserole – If you need the flavors of the southwest however in a straightforward to cook dinner and serve kind, do that casserole model.
I really like that Mexican and Southwest meals is so easy, however filled with taste!
What’s your favourite hen tortilla soup recipe?