This peach cobbler recipe has been a very long time coming. In the event you’ve adopted the weblog for some time, that peaches are my favourite a part of summer time. I add them to salads, serve them with cheese, high them onto pizza, and, after all, devour them plain. Given all of the peach recipes I’ve made over time, it’s excessive time I shared a extra basic, straightforward peach cobbler recipe.
Do-it-yourself peach cobbler can go in a couple of instructions. Typically a candy, cake-like batter surrounds the fruit, whereas different occasions a biscuit-like topping covers it. Nonetheless different occasions, a lightweight, flaky dough dots the peaches. As a result of I’m an enormous fan of fruit crisps, I opted for the third form, sprinkling my peaches with crumbles of a easy, 7-ingredient cobbler topping.
As a result of peak-season peaches are so candy & juicy on their very own, it doesn’t take a lot to remodel them right into a scrumptious dessert. This straightforward peach cobbler recipe requires simply 10 elements, and peaches are really the star of the present. Since I’m a peach purist, I don’t sweeten them, simmer them, or peel them however I do drizzle them with a little bit lemon juice for brightness. I dot them with the topping – a mixture of flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and coconut oil – and serve all of it with beneficiant scoops of vanilla ice cream. Naturally candy and brimming with peachy taste, this one’s a vital late summer time deal with.
Methods to Make Peach Cobbler
Like most fruit crisps and crumbles, this cobbler recipe comes along with minimal effort. Right here’s all it is advisable do:
- Slice your peaches into eighths and layer them into the underside of a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Drizzle them with lemon juice!
- Stir collectively the topping elements till they mix to kind a crumbly dough.
- Sprinkle the dough over the peaches, and bake in a 400-degree oven till the topping is frivolously golden brown and the peaches are juicy, about 30 minutes.
- Scoop into bowls with vanilla ice cream, and dig in whereas it’s nonetheless heat. Take pleasure in!
Peach Cobbler Recipe Ideas
As the final word peach fan, I’ve been making peach desserts for years. Listed here are my finest ideas for making one which’s pitch-perfect each time:
- Get your peaches forward of time. At any time when I am going to the shop searching for the proper peach, those I discover are at all times rock-hard or too mushy. If you wish to make an amazing peach cobbler, purchase your fruit a couple of days upfront and let it ripen in your counter. When the peaches are tender, you’re able to bake! (After they ripen, it’s also possible to retailer them within the fridge for up to some days.)
- Err on the facet of extra fruit, not much less. You need the peaches to cowl the underside of your pan fully, so overlap the slices as wanted. As you may see within the pictures above, I also have a double layer of fruit in some locations!
- Depart some clumps. Nothing beats a chunk of peach cobbler with a giant lump of golden brown, buttery dough, so don’t break up the cobbler topping an excessive amount of as you sprinkle it over the fruit!
- Serve with vanilla ice cream. I like all fruit desserts with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, however I particularly suggest it right here. This cobbler remains to be good by itself, however the ice cream provides it a tasty “peaches & cream” end. If ice cream’s not your factor, a dollop of whipped cream or coconut cream can be wonderful too.
In the event you love this peach cobbler recipe…
Attempt my peach crisp, apple crumble, blueberry scones, raspberry cheesecake, or strawberry shortcake subsequent!
Straightforward Peach Cobbler
Creator: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe kind: Dessert
- 6 giant or 7 medium peaches, thinly sliced
- 1½ teaspoons contemporary lemon juice
- ¾ cup all objective flour
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil or unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with coconut oil.
- Layer the peaches into the underside of the baking dish and drizzle the lemon juice over the peaches.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Add the coconut oil and vanilla and mix till the combination varieties a crumbly dough. Sprinkle over the peaches and bake for 30 minutes, or till the combination is simply frivolously browned on high and the peaches are juicy.
- Serve heat with vanilla ice cream.