I’m fairly positive my love languages are meals and items. There’s one thing fantastic about placing effort and time into making a pleasant deal with after which giving it to somebody you care about.
For years, I’ve made dozens and dozens of cake pops, cookies, bread, and all types of different goodies for my neighbors, colleagues, and pals. I love to see their reactions!
Should you’d like to offer an edible present, there are two components to think about:
- The precise meals itself, in fact.
- The way it’s packaged—that’s the icing on the cake!
It may be barely intimidating to know easy methods to package deal meals, nevertheless it’s not arduous. Right here’s what it’s worthwhile to know!
PICK THE RIGHT CONTAINERS
I maintain these take-out containers readily available always. Not solely are they good for leftovers, however they’re the perfect container ever for little treats!
Different containers I like:
- Canning jars
- Cupcake containers
- Cellophane luggage
- Paper luggage
- Tea towels (for bread)
- Previous sprinkle containers (Yep, I’ve used these earlier than! I like those with cork tops that appear to be take a look at tubes.)
LINE YOUR CONTAINER
A liner could also be essential to maintain the deal with from sticking to the container, particularly in case your meals has oil or butter in it. Plus, a liner provides a bit of visible element, which is all the time pretty!
What sort of liners must you use? I like the next:
- Butcher paper
- Parchment paper
- A tea towel (for bread)
- You might additionally use tissue paper or wax paper!
LABEL YOUR GIFT
Now that you’ve a container and a liner, it’s worthwhile to label your present! Listed here are 5 methods to try this:
- Use a label maker: It’s necessary to label your present, and my go-to option to label something is to make use of a label maker. I’ve tried so many different methods of labeling, however I all the time come again to this. Why? It’s simple, appears to be like cute, and is ideal for the tops of jars and take-out containers.
- Present tags: These present tags are easy, traditional, and include a roll of jute for making labels!
- Washi tape: Yow will discover cute washi tape designs within the college provide aisle on the retailer. Select a favourite colour!
- Chalkboard labels: Chalkboard labels are additionally enjoyable, and I lately found these cute chalkboard pens to make writing simple.
- Good ol’ Sharpie: In a pinch, I simply write a message with a Sharpie, both proper on the container itself or on the ribbon round it. I take advantage of Sharpies a lot, I maintain them in my purse! That’s how passionate I’m about labeling issues!
ADD TIES AND RIBBONS
Okay, so that you’ve obtained your container, your liner, your label… what’s subsequent? Now it’s going to all come collectively! To connect your labels and safe your present, use:
- Baker’s twine
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA
The of entirety of your edible present packaging is what is going to carry all of it collectively. For the vacations, I like so as to add a sprig of rosemary (it smells so good!), a jingle bell, or little decoration.
I additionally actually attempt to think about the present itself, after which connect something that is likely to be wanted for it. For instance, if I’m giving a sugar cookie combine, I’ll add a mini cookie cutter. If it’s sizzling chocolate combine, I’ll add a bit of spoon (IKEA has the cutest little spoons) or whisk. My favourite is so as to add a bit of spoon alongside cupcakes or pies.
And at last, each package deal should be given with LOVE. That sounds tacky, nevertheless it’s actually an important factor in present giving. I’ve given fancy edible items, and I’ve given popcorn in Ziploc baggies. It’s all good! No matter and nevertheless you package deal your present, the aim is that whoever you give it to will know they’re considered and beloved.
I’d like to see the way you package deal your edible items this season! I’m positive you all have extra ideas and tips to share, so use #srediblegifts so we will function them on our Instagram tales!