Cook dinner time
- 1 tablespoon (5 g) floor flax*
- three tablespoons (45 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (53 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup (52 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (68 g) packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon high quality sea salt (scale back salt if utilizing salted peanut butter)
- 1/four cup (49 g) mini non-dairy chocolate chips**
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure easy peanut butter***
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C), and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the bottom flax and water to a medium bowl, and whisk till mixed. Put aside.
- To a big bowl, add the coconut, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips. Stir to mix.
- To the identical bowl because the flax combination, add the peanut butter, vanilla, and maple syrup. Stir till easy. The combination shall be very thick.
- Utilizing a spatula (this helps to scoop up each final bit), scoop the moist combination on high of the dry components, and stir till completely mixed. The batter shall be very dry at first, however that is regular! You may must put some elbow grease into stirring. I prefer to knead the dough with my palms to make all of it come collectively. (You may as well use electrical beaters, however I favor to get in there with my palms and knead till no dry patches stay.) If for some cause your dough remains to be too dry to form into balls, add a teaspoon of water and blend once more.
- Calmly moist your palms (shaking off extra water) and type about 13 balls, simply smaller than golf balls. Cease and rinse off sticky palms as wanted. Place every ball onto the ready baking sheet about 2 to three inches aside. Gently press down on every ball to flatten right into a 1-cm (simply lower than 1/2-inch) thick disc. If there are any leftover chocolate chips within the backside of the bowl, scoop them up and push them into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes. The cookies are likely to solely unfold out just a little. They’re going to be delicate popping out of the oven, however they’ll agency up as they cool. The bottoms shall be golden. Enable the cookies to chill on the baking sheet for 10 minutes earlier than rigorously transferring to a cooling rack till fully cooled. As soon as cooled, the cookies will stay mushy and chewy. For a firmer texture, switch the cookies to the freezer (my favorite solution to take pleasure in them!). Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container or freezer bag within the freezer for as much as 1 month.
Serving Measurement 1 of 13 cookies | Energy 160 energy | Complete Fats 9 grams
Saturated Fats four grams | Sodium 40 milligrams | Complete Carbohydrates 18 grams
Fiber 2 grams | Sugar 12 grams | Protein four grams
* Vitamin information is approximate and is for informational functions solely.
photograph credit score: Ashley McLaughlin