You will not imagine how straightforward it’s to make nice focaccia bread at dwelling! Topped with rosemary and roasted garlic, it is wealthy, savory, comfortable, and chewy.
9 instances out of ten, if we’re making bread at dwelling, we’re making focaccia. When Jack first began baking bread, he made a lot of rustic ciabatta loaves. The substances have been easy, and the bread got here out scrumptious, but it surely required hours of rising and kneading. So once we found how straightforward it’s to make actually good focaccia bread at dwelling, we didn’t look again.
Since then, this focaccia recipe has change into our go-to. It comes collectively in simply 2 hours, rising time included, and the bread is wealthy and savory, with a yummy chewy texture. As a result of rosemary and focaccia are a traditional mixture (and since contemporary herbs make every part higher, if you happen to ask me), I sprinkle it generously with rosemary. Then, I dot it with roasted garlic so as to add advanced, nutty taste and end it off with flaky sea salt and pink pepper flakes.
Flecked with pink and inexperienced, this focaccia bread could be the right easy, but spectacular, vacation aspect dish. However fortunately, it’s straightforward sufficient to make even if you’re not cooking for a special day. I hope you adore it as a lot as a lot as we do!
Learn how to Make Focaccia Bread
In case you’re new to bread baking, don’t let focaccia intimidate you! In reality, it’s rather a lot like making home made pizza dough. Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Lively dry yeast, sugar, and heat water: The sugar and heat water activate the yeast to make the bread rise, giving it its comfortable, chewy texture.
- Flour: I like to make use of a mixture of all-purpose flour and complete wheat flour, however you need to use solely all-purpose flour if you happen to desire.
- Salt: Don’t skip the salt right here! It provides this focaccia bread its great savory taste.
- And olive oil: A focaccia important! Together with the salt, olive oil is what provides this bread its wealthy taste and golden brown shade. You’ll combine it into the dough in addition to spreading it over its floor.
The toughest a part of this recipe is ready for the dough to rise! As soon as it does, brush a big rimmed baking sheet with olive oil and firmly press the dough to its edges. Don’t be shy right here! If the dough tears, patch it collectively and proceed urgent out from the middle. You’re going to poke holes in it on function later, so any holes at this stage aren’t an enormous deal.
When you’ve pressed the dough to the sides of the pan, flip it over and press it to the sides once more. Use your fingers to dot it with indentations, each few inches aside. Then, cowl it with plastic wrap, and let it rise once more!
When the focaccia has doubled in measurement, scatter on the rosemary, roasted garlic, and flaky sea salt, and bake till it’s golden brown!
Focaccia Recipe Suggestions
- Let the dough rise someplace heat. As a result of yeast responds to heat, letting your dough rise in a heat place will yield the most effective outcomes. We wish to put ours on a sunny windowsill!
- Freeze extras. This bread freezes very well! Slice the baked focaccia into squares and freeze them in an hermetic container for up to a couple months. I wish to maintain a stash readily available to function a straightforward aspect with salads or soups.
- Change the seasonings! We love this easy roasted garlic and rosemary focaccia bread, however different toppings could be scrumptious right here as properly. Attempt swapping the rosemary for sage or thyme leaves, or use olives, solar dried or roasted tomatoes, or thinly sliced Meyer lemon instead of or along with the roasted garlic.
This focaccia recipe could be a wonderful addition to any vacation menu – the flecks of rosemary and pink pepper flakes make it so fairly and festive! Head to this put up to seek out extra vacation aspect dishes to serve with it.
As I mentioned above, this recipe can also be easy sufficient to place collectively when it’s not a special day. Take pleasure in it as a snack, slice it to make sandwiches, or serve it with a sizzling bowl of soup any evening of the week. We particularly adore it with my butternut squash soup, cauliflower soup, carrot ginger soup, and lentil soup, but it surely’d be yummy with any of those favourite soup recipes too.
Foccacia with Rosemary
Creator: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe kind: aspect dish
- 1¾ cups heat water (105° to 115°F)
- 1 (¼-ounce) bundle lively dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for kneading
- 1½ cups complete wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 bulb Roasted Garlic (see beneath), non-obligatory
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon pink pepper flakes, non-obligatory
- In a medium bowl, stir collectively the water, yeast, and sugar. Put aside for five minutes, till the yeast is foamy.
- Within the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment, place the flours, salt, ¼ cup of the olive oil, and the yeast combination and blend on medium pace till the dough types a ball across the hook, 5 to six minutes.
- Switch the dough to a flippantly floured floor and knead a number of instances, sprinkling with extra flour, as wanted, and kind right into a ball. Brush a big bowl with olive oil, and place the dough inside. Cowl with plastic wrap and put aside to rise till doubled in measurement, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Coat a 10 × 15-inch rimmed baking sheet with the remaining ¼ cup olive oil. Punch the dough down, switch to a flippantly floured floor, and knead a number of instances. Place the dough within the pan and press to unfold it out to the pan’s edges. Flip the dough over and unfold it to the sides once more. Make indentations along with your fingers, each few inches aside, all around the dough. Cowl the baking sheet with plastic wrap and permit the dough to rise till it has doubled in measurement, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Take away the plastic wrap. Minimize the roasted garlic cloves in half and push them into the floor of the dough. Sprinkle with the rosemary, and pink pepper flakes, and bake for 20 minutes, till golden brown.
1 complete garlic bulb
Further virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Make the roasted garlic: Trim the highest ¼ inch off the highest of the garlic bulb. Place cut-side up on a bit of foil, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt. Wrap the garlic within the foil and roast for 40 to 60 minutes or till the cloves are deeply golden brown and tender.