Placing collectively a crust made out of graham crackers shouldn’t be arduous in any respect—and it comes collectively shortly. Use this recipe to make cream pies, key lime pie, cheesecake, or every other pie that would use a graham cracker crust!
Pictures Credit score:
Do you like pie, however stress in regards to the crust? Welcome to a really giant membership.
By no means worry. Do-it-yourself pies aren’t only for these individuals who had been born with the home gene. After making this graham cracker crust, it is possible for you to to begin your very personal new membership known as “Look, Ma, I Made a Pie!”
EASY-PEASY GRAHAM CRACKER PIE CRUST
This graham cracker pie crust is buttery, crunchy, and a cinch to make. This crust is your first lesson on Day One in all Pie Faculty.
Simply crush some graham crackers—you are able to do that, proper? Now, combine them with just a little sugar and melted butter, press them right into a pie pan, and bake. Within the phrases of the well-known Ina Garten, how simple is that?
PIES MADE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUSTS
The fillings for pies made with graham crackers are nice in summer time—how about an ice cream pie? Topped with whipped cream, you appear to be a genius if you pull one out of the freezer.
Then there are key lime pies, lemon icebox pies (pictured above!), chocolate pudding pies, banana cream pies, Greek yogurt tarts with recent berries, and let’s not overlook cheesecakes! So many pies, so little time!
Listed below are some nice pies to make with a graham cracker crust!
OTHER WAYS TO MAKE GRAHAM CRACKER CRUSTS
You may boost the essential crust on this recipe with a pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg or cardamom or every other spice that enhances the filling. Ditto for orange zest, lemon zest and, in fact, let’s not overlook vanilla extract.
This recipe will also be tailored to many different dry cookies resembling vanilla wafers, chocolate wafers, gingersnaps, and certainly one of my favorites, Biscoff cookies. You’ll need 1 half cups cookie crumbs for one 9-inch pie.
MORE TIPS FOR EASY GRAHAM CRACKER CRUSTS
- Finely grind the crumbs. This ensures the crust will maintain collectively properly when the crumbs are pressed into the pan. Should you don’t have a meals processor, you’ll be able to enclose the damaged graham crackers in a plastic bag and roll over them with a rolling pin.
- Nut positive your butter is combined in? After you combine within the butter, you’ll realize it’s prepared when a handful of the crumbs maintain collectively in your hand if you squeeze them.
- The key to a good crust: Unfold the crumbs within the pan first, so you’ll be able to evenly distribute them. Use your fingers to press the crumbs into the edges first after which the underside.
- Press the crumbs very well: One you might have the crumbs evenly distributed across the pan, use a dry measuring cup wrapped in plastic wrap (to stop it from sticking to the crumbs) and press firmly into the edges and backside of the pan.
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 12 rectangular graham crackers (about 6 ounces), damaged into items
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/eight teaspoon salt
- 6 to eight tablespoons (three/four to 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon or orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Meals processor
- 9-inch pie plate
1 Preheat the oven to 350°F. Set a rack within the center place.
2 Make the crumbs: In a meals processor, pulse the graham crackers till finely floor. It is best to have about 1 half cups.
By hand: Enclose the damaged graham crackers in a heavy-duty plastic freezer bag. Seal the bag and roll over with a rolling pin to crush the graham crackers till they’re wonderful crumbs.
three Combine the crust: Switch the crumbs to a bowl and stir within the sugar, salt, and 6 tablespoons of the butter till they’re completely mixed.
A small handful of crust ought to maintain collectively if you squeeze it in your palm. If it does not, add extra butter, a tablespoon at a time, till it does.
four Press the crust into the pie pan: Unfold the crumbs evenly over the underside of the pie pan. Along with your fingers, press it into the edges of the pan throughout, after which into the underside of the pan.
Cowl a dry measuring cup with plastic wrap (to maintain it from sticking to the crumbs). Gently re-press the crumbs into the pan to make them even and compact, beginning with the edges first. Tamp down the crumbs on the underside so the crumbs are even and compact.
four Bake the crust: Place the pie pan within the heart of the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or till the sides are simply barely browned. Set the pie pan on a rack to chill to room temperature and use in line with the instructions of your recipe.
Hi there! All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. Should you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your individual distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to Graham Cracker Crust on Merely Recipes. Thanks!