Whereas bananas will not be my favourite fruit, banana bread is a complete different story. After I bake banana bread, I lose all management. Simply understanding loaf is sitting on the kitchen counter will make me come again for simply yet another slice all day lengthy. It’s the right afternoon snack with a cup of espresso, and I like how fantastic it makes the home odor.
Aspect be aware: this bread freezes effectively, which is how I used to be in a position to exhibit any sense of portion management as we examined loaf after loaf. 🙂
Why I Love This Vegan Banana Bread
I may go on and on about why I like this banana bread. In an effort to point out some restraint, although, I’m simply itemizing my prime three causes right here:
- It’s simple to make – merely fold collectively the components (cautious to not overmix!), and pop your loaf within the oven. The arduous half is ready for it to bake!
- It has an ideal moist texture and scrumptious spiced banana taste. Along with complete wheat pastry flour, I exploit almond flour on this recipe, which supplies it an incredible moist texture with out making it too dense. And within the taste division, cinnamon & nutmeg add yummy notes of heat spices.
- It’s wholesome! I sweeten this loaf with coconut sugar. I additionally use olive oil as a substitute of vegetable oil or butter, and a mix of complete wheat pastry flour and almond flour as a substitute of normal flour. Plus, walnuts add a nutty crunch and a lift of omega-3s.
Get Inventive with This Wholesome Banana Bread Recipe!
Make this simple banana bread recipe as soon as, and also you’ll make it many times. If you wish to change it up, be happy to experiment with completely different mix-ins. Chocolate chips, pecans, or chopped dried fruit would all be scrumptious instead of the walnuts. You might additionally differ the spices – strive cardamom or ginger as a substitute of nutmeg!
And when you make it, freeze slices to have available for busy mornings or on days once you want a day pick-me-up. I prefer to make a double batch in order that I can freeze one loaf and benefit from the different straight out of the oven.
Should you love banana baked items, make these vegan banana pancakes or these vegan banana muffins subsequent! And when you’re a fast bread fan, try my pumpkin bread and zucchini bread.
And when you actually love banana bread, it’s a must to make these Banana Bread Quinoa Breakfast Cookies which might be in my new cookbook, Love & Lemons Each Day – they’re one in all my favourite morning treats!
Let me know what you consider this banana bread recipe within the feedback, and pleased baking!
Wholesome Banana Bread
Writer: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe sort: Breakfast, dessert, snack
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil, extra for brushing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups complete wheat pastry flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and brush a 9×5-inch loaf pan with a little bit of olive oil.
- In a big bowl, mix the mashed bananas with the sugar, almond milk, olive oil, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar and whisk till mixed.
- In a medium bowl mix the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry components to the bowl with the moist components and stir till simply mixed, then fold within the walnuts.
- Bake for 42 to 50 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the center comes out clear.
*I like Bob’s Pink Mill Complete Wheat Pasty Flour as a result of it’s lighter than common wheat flour. You might additionally use a 50/50 combine of normal complete wheat flour and all goal flour.