Oh summer season … just how I like thee. With an wealth of fresh veggies at the farmer’s market (in addition to fresh peaches for cobbler)and also great deals of fun activities to do as a family, summer season is nearly ideal …
Except for the insects … or the periodic poisonous substance ivy … or a scratchy peeling off sunburn!
Of program, homemade bug spray aids fend off the majority of the insects, and also homemade sunscreen aids prevent the sunburn to begin with. Still, it appears that eventually somebody fails to remember one or the various other and also winds up with scratchy, aggravated skin.
I constantly appear to be a magnet for insects, so also simply a pair mins of reducing the kids’ hair outside or getting the garbage is generally sufficient to leave me with a couple of attacks.
Homemade Anti-Itch Spray
This anti-itch spray consists of a mix of powerful all-natural treatments that aid get rid of impulse quickly. I’ve attempted it on insect attacks, poisonous substance ivy, sunburn, chigger bites, as well as painful nettle burns with great outcomes.
The secret active ingredient ismenthol crystals I make use of these powerful all-natural crystals in my pain relief lotion bars and alsomy soothing shower melts for cold relief Menthol is calming and also normally cooling and also is frequently made use of in salves, balms, mouth washes, lotions, lozenges, and also various other treatments.
I make this in a 4-ounce spray bottle, however you can conveniently increase the dish or halve to fit your container dimension.
Anti-Itch Spray Ingredients
Anti-Itch Spray Instructions
- Carefully warmth the witch hazel essence in a tiny pan up until cozy to the touch (concerning 130 levels). This is to thaw the menthol crystals and also salt, which thaw at around 115 levels F.
- Stir and also include the salt up until liquified.
- Using handwear covers or tweezers, include the menthol crystals to the witch hazel and also mix up until liquified. Stay clear of touching menthol with your hands, as it could hurt eyes or various other delicate locations if you touch them after.
- When menthol is liquified and also the blend has actually cooled down, include the aloe vera gel, apple cider vinegar, and also important oils (if utilizing) and also thoroughly move to a spray container for usage.
Use & & Storage
Spray and also allow completely dry on scratchy skin as required. This will certainly keep for months at space temperature level, however I favor to maintain in the fridge for additional air conditioning of scratchy skin.
Note: The important oils could be excluded for usage on expecting ladies or kids, however I would certainly still suggest getting in touch with a physician prior to utilizing if you are expecting or have a clinical problem.
Other Natural Remedies for Itchy Skin
If you do not have all the active ingredients for this anti-itch spray accessible when scratchy skin strikes, there are some easy all-natural techniques to attempt:
- Apply a paste of bentonite clay and also water to deal with scratchy skin. I likewise make use of bentonite clay in my anti-itch cream (utilize it like calamine cream).
- Crush pepper mint leaves and also massage them on insect attacks for an all-natural menthol impact.
- Mix 1 tsp cooking soft drink and also water for a relaxing paste.
- The Native Americans made use of jewel weed for its skin-soothing residential properties. If you do not seem like playing conservationist and also foraging for it (hence obtaining even more poisonous substance ivy), you could purchase an organic jewel weed salve
Ever had problem with scratchy skin? What helped you?