We’ve talked so much about the way to avoid chemicals at home and mainly the way to make dwelling a safer place for our children and households. It’s a worthy purpose but it surely’s simple to get overwhelmed when it begins to sound like every part from air to water to candles to carpet is harmful.
That’s why I really like Leah Segedie, my visitor right now and writer of the e book Inexperienced Sufficient: Eat Higher, Stay Cleaner, Be Happier — All With out Driving Your Household Loopy. That title is correct on the cash and one thing all of us mothers try to do.
Leah is a meals activist and the founding father of the Mamavation Group, which teaches mothers like us wholesome dwelling practices to fight illness beginning within the dwelling. Her final purpose is to make wholesome dwelling simple to place into apply, with out dwelling in a bubble or spending 1000’s on costly merchandise. She’s at all times a blast to speak to and I’m trying ahead to evaluating notes!
Episode Highlights: Inexperienced Sufficient With Leah Segedie
- the most important supply of hormone-disrupting BPA and the way to keep away from it (p.s. it’s not canned items)
- three basic items to keep away from inside your house, interval
- the no-cost technique to cut back chemical publicity inside your house
- the way to discover stability within the quest to have a wholesome household
- the methods fireplace retardants trigger harm reasonably than forestall it
- which plastics are the least dangerous, and which to at all times keep away from
- why it’s best to throw out each kitchen utensil made with black plastic
- the locations phthalates are hiding in your house
- issues with tampons (and what to make use of as a substitute)
- and extra!
Sources We Point out
- Sign Leah’s petition asking Goal to change to protected receipts
- Green Enough: Eat Better, Live Cleaner, Be Happier–All Without Driving Your Family Crazy! by Leah Segedie
- Our Stolen Future: Are We Threatening Our Fertility, Intelligence, and Survival?–A Scientific Detective Story by Theo Colborn
- Greatest dryer sheets: Eco Pure (reusable) or Grab Green
- Greatest laundry detergents: Attitude, BioClean, Charlie’s Soap, Eco Nuts, Eco-Me, Grab Green, and Molly Suds
- Menstrual cups: Diva or Luna
- Four Sigmatic mushroom coffee
Extra From Wellness Mama
Did you take pleasure in this episode? What different questions do you might have for Leah? Please drop a remark under or leave a review on iTunes to tell us. We worth figuring out what you assume and this helps different mothers discover the podcast as nicely.
Thank You to At this time’s Sponsors
This episode is sponsored by Simply Thrive probiotics. I discovered this firm a few months in the past and was blown away by the distinction of their merchandise! Simply Thrive provides two cornerstone merchandise which might be each clinically research and extremely efficient. Their probiotic has been medical research to assist with leaky intestine and to outlive as much as 1000 as a lot as different probiotics. The distinction is the spore-based strains which might be included which work fully otherwise than different sorts of probiotics. This probiotic can also be vegan, dairy-free, histamine free and is non-GMO, and made WITHOUT soy, dairy, sugar, salt, corn, tree nuts or gluten. Simply Thrive Probiotic comprises a patented pressure referred to as Bacillus Indicus HU36®, which produces antioxidants within the digestive system – the place they are often finest absorbed by the physique. Their different product is a K2-7, and this nutrient is called the “Activator X” super-nutrient that Weston A. Value – a dentist recognized primarily for his theories on the connection between vitamin, good well being, bone improvement and tooth – discovered prevalent in meals within the healthiest communities. Theirs is the one pharmaceutical grade, all-natural vitamin K2 complement with revealed security research. Just like the probiotic, this complement is gluten, dairy, soy, nut, and GMO-free. Take a look at each at Thrive Probiotics.
This podcast is dropped at you by Spar, a cool new app I discovered that permits you to gamify habits change to make you extra more likely to persist with it and right here’s what I imply. You obtain the app at no cost and create an account then you possibly can be part of or create a problem that will help you do something from going for a stroll each day, doing 20 push-ups every day and even studying for a sure period of time every day. To make it enjoyable, you possibly can problem mates to hitch you and also you test in every day by way of video to show that you simply did it. In case you miss a day of the problem you get charged a penalty and the winner takes the entire pot so you possibly can really win some severe money whereas getting higher at a behavior you need to get higher at anyway. Individuals are utilizing this from something from flossing their tooth to studying every day or exercising or going to mattress by 10 pm. If you wish to test it out, simply obtain the Spar app from the App retailer and bounce in.