I get so many questions on the way to prepare dinner spaghetti squash, so I assumed I’d share my go-to technique for roasting it, a couple of suggestions, and a few my favourite spaghetti squash recipes.
First issues first: reduce it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and, roast it.
Subsequent, drizzle the insides flippantly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I discover that including an excessive amount of oil and an excessive amount of salt at this stage makes the squash a bit watery, so a light-weight drizzle and a light-weight sprinkle will do.
Poke a couple of holes within the pores and skin of the squash with a fork and place it reduce aspect down on a baking sheet. Pop it in a pre-heated 400°F oven.
A mistake I used to make was roasting my squash too lengthy. I used to roast it for an hour or longer, however now I roast it for 30 to 40 minutes. I initially thought the squash wanted to be tremendous tender and fork tender to ensure that the strands to “spaghetti,” however over time I’ve discovered that I want my strands to be extra al dente (and fewer mushy), and that the 1 hour mark was too lengthy. After all, the timing will completely rely upon the dimensions of your squash and the warmth of your explicit oven. It will possibly additionally range from squash to squash, so modify your cooking time accordingly.
As soon as it’s roasted and funky sufficient to the touch, use a fork to scrape the strands. I like to start out from the skin and work my approach in, fluffing them up as I am going.
That’s it! Season it with extra salt and pepper and serve it as a easy veggie aspect. Or incorporate it into your favourite spaghetti squash recipes. Listed below are two of mine (pictured beneath): Spaghetti Squash with Chickpeas and Kale and Lemon Pesto Spaghetti Squash.
Tips on how to Prepare dinner Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Drizzle the within of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash reduce aspect down on the baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or till flippantly browned on the skin, fork tender, however nonetheless a litte bit agency. The time will range relying on the dimensions of your squash. I additionally discover that the timing can range from squash to squash.
- Take away from the oven and flip the squash in order that it’s reduce aspect up. When cool to the contact, use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the perimeters of the squash.