Have you ever ever seen ugly little pink bumps in your pores and skin? If that’s the case, they might be a situation referred to as keratosis pilaris. Standard therapies for the problem might be fairly harsh on the pores and skin, however there are pure choices. This keratosis pilaris exfoliating cream helps moisturize and exfoliate for clearer skin.
What Is Keratosis Pilaris?
Additionally nicknamed “hen pores and skin,” keratosis pilaris is an ugly pores and skin situation that manifests as pink patches and bumps. It resembles goosebumps and seems most frequently on the again of the arms and thighs. They really feel tough like sandpaper and are very small, concerning the dimension of a salt grain. Typically they happen on the face and might be mistaken for zits. There can also be redness across the bumps that varies from gentle pink to vibrant pink.
What Causes Keratosis Pilaris?
Nobody is strictly certain what triggers these little pink bumps, however sure teams of individuals and people with dry pores and skin are extra vulnerable to them. Pregnant ladies, obese folks, and people with eczema or dry pores and skin usually tend to have keratosis pilaris.
Pores and skin naturally incorporates the protein keratin, and about 50% of us are genetically predisposed to overproducing this protein. When extra keratin turns into trapped contained in the hair follicle, it types a tough, raised plug. These clogged hair follicles then trigger irritation, turning the encompassing pores and skin pink.
Find out how to Get Rid of “Hen Pores and skin”
Because the hair follicles are plugged with extreme keratin, gently exfoliating the world will assist clear them out. (Don’t use something too tough nevertheless, as that may simply additional irritate the pores and skin.) It’s additionally necessary to moisturize the pores and skin, as the issue is attributable to overly dry pores and skin within the first place. Utilizing anti-inflammatory merchandise will soothe the pores and skin and tame the accompanying redness.
Use the Proper Components
This recipe for keratosis pilaris cream makes use of baking soda and several other different pure elements to exfoliate the pores and skin. All elements have a finer particle dimension that’s gentler and really cleaning for dry pores and skin.
- Baking soda has a really excessive pH of 9 although, which makes it very alkalizing. Lengthy-term this may trigger an issue, as pores and skin is of course acidic with a pH that ranges between four to five.5.
- Citric acid makes the combination extra skin-friendly, with its pH of two.2 to assist steadiness the recipe out. (Simply be certain that to search for non-GMO citric acid, see under.)
- Some Himalayan sea salt supplies additional exfoliating energy and nourishes the pores and skin with dozens of minerals.
- Turmeric powder additionally supplies some exfoliation however primarily decreases irritation.
- Lavender important oil additional soothes irritated pores and skin and reduces irritation.
- Unrefined coconut oil rounds out the recipe to carry all of it collectively and get that creamy consistency. Coconut oil is excessive in lauric acid, an intense fatty acid that helps break up extra keratin.
It’s necessary to make use of this cream constantly to enhance the looks of keratosis pilaris, a number of occasions per week and even day by day for these vulnerable to frequent outbreaks. Nicely exfoliated pores and skin will be much less more likely to accumulate the lifeless pores and skin cells and keratin that plug hair follicles.
Keratosis Pilaris Cream Recipe
- In a small bowl mix the entire elements and stir completely. As you stir, the coconut oil will turn out to be creamier in consistency.
- Stir till nicely mixed, then retailer it in a glass jar.
- To make use of, completely rub the cream over the affected space, then rinse with heat water.
Ideas for Utilizing
- Coconut oil could also be too heavy a moisturizer for some facial pores and skin sorts. Some folks appear to do very well with it, whereas others get dangerous breakouts when utilizing it on the face. You may comply with the cream up with a delicate cleaning soap if you happen to discover that it doesn’t agree with you. Alternatively, you possibly can omit the coconut oil totally and use 2 tablespoons of one other oil like olive oil.
- These with very gentle coloured pores and skin could discover that the turmeric offers their pores and skin a yellow tinge. If that occurs, wash the keratosis pilaris cream off with cleaning soap, which ought to handle it.
Are you impacted by keratosis pilaris? Have you ever ever discovered a treatment, and what did you utilize? I’d love to listen to!