So, you roasted a bunch of tomatoes after Monday’s publish. Now what do you do with them? Make linguine pasta, in fact! This linguine recipe has been one in all our favourite dinners this summer season. Together with finely diced roasted lemon, the tomatoes infuse the tangles of linguine noodles with wealthy, savory taste. These little guys pack such a punch that every one you want is just a little cheese, a handful of herbs, and a drizzle of olive oil to excellent this straightforward, but elevated, linguine recipe.
In the event you roast the tomatoes forward of time, this one is tremendous straightforward to toss collectively. So pour a glass of wine, chill, and soak within the final days of summer season with a giant plate of pasta!
Summer time Linguine Pasta Components
Trying on the recipe beneath, you’ll discover that this pasta takes inspiration from a quintessential summer season dish: Caprese salad! As a result of tomatoes, basil, and contemporary mozzarella are a match made in heaven, I put them entrance & heart right here. The tomatoes are the star of the present, whereas the mozzarella provides creamy richness, and the basil freshens it up.
I accent this traditional combo with thyme leaves, crunchy pine nuts, zesty roasted lemon, contemporary lemon juice, and bitter arugula for further inexperienced. Salt, pepper, and a beneficiant drizzle of olive oil tie all of it collectively.
Linguine Pasta Variations
This easy recipe is versatile, so be happy to play with it relying in your tastes and what’s in your pantry. Listed here are just a few concepts for altering it up:
- Use your favourite cheese! Crumbled feta or goat cheese can be glorious.
- Change the pasta! I really like linguine pasta right here, however one other long-cut pasta, like fettuccine or spaghetti, would work too.
- Simplify your pasta by omitting the cherry tomatoes. Add an additional handful of arugula and end your linguine with a bathe of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Make pesto linguine! Skip the thyme, and toss your pasta with just a few massive scoops of pesto. It’s scrumptious with the roasted tomatoes, lemon, and contemporary mozzarella.
- Make it vegan by skipping the cheese. Add just a few handfuls of roasted chickpeas as a replacement to make this pasta heartier.
Let me know what variations you attempt!
In the event you love this linguine recipe…
Attempt one other of my favourite summer season pastas like this pesto pasta, roasted vegetable pasta, penne pasta, pasta pomodoro, or roasted veggie lasagna!
Tomato Lemon Linguine
Writer: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe kind: Major dish
- 1 cup Roasted Tomatoes
- four very skinny lemon slices
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 ounces linguine pasta
- 1½ cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon contemporary thyme
- three ounces contemporary mozzarella, torn
- ½ cup contemporary basil
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a small baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the lemon slices on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Roast for for 15 to 20 minutes or till they’re golden brown across the edges. Finely mince the lemons and put aside.
- Within the backside of a medium-sized (chilly) pot, mix the olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon sea salt.
- Put together the pasta in response to the bundle instructions, cooking till al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water. Scoop the recent pasta into the pot, together with the reserved pasta water, the arugula, and toss. If essential, gently warmth till the arugula wilts and the pasta is warmed by means of. Add the thyme, tomatoes, lemons, and toss once more. Prime with the mozzarella, pine nuts, and basil. Gently toss, season to style and serve.