This roasted acorn squash recipe is a straightforward, elegant fall facet dish. Seasoned with maple syrup and comfortable herbs, it is deliciously candy and savory.
At present, I’m sharing this maple roasted acorn squash recipe within the spirit of simplicity. As the vacations strategy, I’ve been considering increasingly more about how the perfect issues in life are the only. It’s simple for the top of the 12 months to develop into a rush of reward giving and to really feel like each second must be good, dropping sight of the truth that the straightforward issues concerning the holidays, like spending time with family members, are actually the perfect.
So let’s make this simple roasted acorn squash! As an alternative of getting my common stuffed acorn squash on repeat this fall, I’ve been loving how this recipe highlights how flavorful the squash is by itself. Roasted with salt, pepper, herbs, and only a contact of maple, the squash is creamy and tender, with a comfortable candy and savory taste. Serve it as a sublime, stress-free Thanksgiving facet dish, or make it anytime you’re within the temper for one thing scrumptious and easy. 🙂
Easy methods to Prepare dinner Acorn Squash
My methodology for how you can cook dinner acorn squash is simple. Whereas the squash cooks for round 30 minutes within the oven, it solely requires a couple of minutes of hands-on prep work:
- First, halve and seed the squash. Lower them in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop the seeds out of every half.
- Subsequent, get them able to bake. Unfold the squash halves on a baking sheet with their minimize sides going through up. I roast my acorn squash minimize facet up quite than down in order that it retains its vivid shade and turns into tender, however not mushy, because it cooks.
- Then, season them. Drizzle every half with olive oil and maple syrup and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Use your fingers to rub within the seasonings earlier than sprinkling the squash with chopped recent sage and rosemary.
- Lastly, bake! Prepare dinner the squash for 25-40 minutes in a 425-degree oven, or till it’s tender and golden brown across the edges.
Roasted Acorn Squash Serving Options
This baked acorn squash is considered one of my favourite easy fall facet dishes. It’s good along with your favourite protein any evening of the week. It might be a wonderful alternative on your winter vacation meal or Thanksgiving dinner subsequent to your mashed potatoes and inexperienced bean casserole.
Alternatively, make it a meal by itself! For a straightforward no-recipe dinner, I serve it with a hearty grain like quinoa or farro, roasted veggies like Brussels sprouts or cauliflower, roasted chickpeas, and drizzles of tahini sauce. In the event you’re on the lookout for extra foremost dish acorn squash recipes, attempt stuffing it! Fill it with a quinoa salad, black beans and quinoa, or spiced chickpeas and chimichurri.
Extra Winter Squash Recipes
In the event you love this roasted acorn squash recipe, attempt cooking one other number of winter squash! Listed here are a number of of my favourite recipes to get you began:
Maple Roasted Acorn Squash
Writer: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe sort: Aspect dish
- three acorn squash, halved and seeded
- Further-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Maple syrup, for drizzling
- Chopped recent sage and/or rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the acorn squash halves on the baking sheet cut-side up. Drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your fingers to coat the squash. Sprinkle the sage and/or rosemary into the middle of the squash and roast till tender and golden brown across the edges, 25 to 40 minutes relying on the dimensions of your squash.
- Season to style and serve scorching as a facet dish, or pair it with herbed farro to make it a meal.