I like in a single day oats – they’re a simple, wholesome, dairy-free, grab-able breakfast, however I generally tend to get into an oat rut, reaching for a similar ‘ol toppings each time. For those who really feel the identical method, listed here are four concepts that can hopefully add some inspiration to your breakfast routine!
What are in a single day oats?
In a single day oats are the proper breakfast when you love consuming oatmeal within the morning however don’t have time to prepare dinner earlier than you head out the door. My base recipe consists of complete rolled oats that soak in almond milk in a single day with a touch of maple syrup. Within the morning, the oats are gentle and simple to digest, and the combination has a thick, porridge-like consistency that’s satisfying to eat. I like to alter up my oats through the use of coconut milk as an alternative of almond milk or including cinnamon, turmeric, or vanilla to the oat combination earlier than it soaks in a single day. And naturally, selecting completely different toppings is a enjoyable and simple option to fluctuate your in a single day oats.
How do I make in a single day oats?
For those who’re new to in a single day oats, making them is simple! Right here’s how:
- On the evening earlier than you intend to take pleasure in your oats, stir collectively 1/2 cup complete rolled oats, 1/2 cup plant-based milk, 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup, and a touch of salt.
- Refrigerate the combination in a single day in an hermetic container.
- Within the morning your oats might be able to eat! Switch them to a bowl earlier than topping and devouring them, or prime and take them on the go.
These are the toppings I began with to create these four in a single day oats mixtures – how fairly are all of those wholesome elements!
Suggestions for in a single day oat success
- For those who’re taking your breakfast on the go, a Mason jar is a good selection of container on your in a single day oat base. The lid seals tightly, and the jar isn’t too large or cumbersome. Plus, the jar’s slender form retains a lot of the toppings separate from the oats till you’re able to eat.
- I prefer to refrigerate my oat base with out toppings after which prime it within the morning. That method, dried fruit stays chewy, and nuts and seeds are crunchy, not gummy.
- For those who like doing weekly meal prep, make an enormous batch of in a single day oats over the weekend. Retailer particular person servings in Mason jars and prime them in another way every day!
- Have enjoyable! I hope you like these four recipes, however experiment with completely different in-season contemporary fruit, dried fruit, nut butters, spices, and many others.
And now, to the recipes…
Cherry Berry with Chia & Yogurt Oats
A basic antioxidant-filled combo. Because it’s wintertime, I used frozen fruit (tart cherries and blueberries) in my bowls. High them with Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Coconut Turmeric Oats
An sudden breakfast bowl stuffed with anti-inflammatory spices. I stirred turmeric, cinnamon, and coconut milk into the bottom of the oat bowl and topped it with mango, dried currants, hemp seeds, and coconut flakes.
Candy Sesame Tahini Oats
I like tahini a lot that now I’m consuming it for breakfast! This bowl seems to be so fairly, and it couldn’t be extra easy to place collectively. Simply drizzle tahini on prime of the oats and prime with pistachios, dried apricots, pomegranates, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of honey (or maple syrup, when you’re vegan).
Chocolate Chip Cookie Oats
For those who’re attempting to get your youngsters (or husband) to eat oats, this one is for you :). Who can resist that large swirl of almond butter with chocolate chips? I taste this base recipe with a touch of vanilla extract for additional cookie taste.
Need extra make-ahead breakfast concepts? Strive these cookies, these muffins, or these little frittatas.
In a single day Oats, Many Methods
Writer: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe kind: Breakfast
- ½ cup complete rolled oats
- ½ cup almond milk or gentle coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- make base recipe utilizing gentle coconut milk, ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon floor turmeric, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- toppings: hemp seeds, diced mango, currants, coconut flakes, honey drizzle
- make base recipe with coconut or almond milk
- toppings: scoop of yogurt or coconut yogurt, berries, chia seeds, maple drizzle
- make base recipe with coconut or almond milk
- toppings: tahini, pistachios, pomegranates, dried apricots, honey drizzle, sesame seeds
- make base recipe with almond milk and ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- toppings: almond butter, chocolate chips, chopped almonds
- In a small jar, mix the oats, almond or coconut milk, maple syrup, and salt. Stir and chill in a single day.
- Within the morning, scoop the oats right into a bowl, stir in additional almond or coconut milk, if desired, for consistency. High with desired toppings.
- Alternatively, for a grab-and-go breakfast, you may assemble the in a single day oats in jars with the toppings the evening earlier than.
Make these vegan through the use of maple syrup rather than the honey.