After I moved to Austin, I found how improbable recent salsa might be. Whether or not made with tomatoes, tomatillos, chiles, or fruit, recent salsas had been at all times tangier, juicier, and extra flavorful than their jarred counterparts. In fact, it wasn’t lengthy earlier than I began making my very own at dwelling, and this simple pineapple salsa recipe is considered one of my favorites. With simply 7 elements, it couldn’t be easier to make. Delectably candy, spicy & juicy, it’s the proper topping for grilled veggies (or grilled meats, for those who’re not vegetarian) and all types of Mexican-inspired dishes. I hope you adore it as a lot as I do!
Pineapple Salsa Recipe Ideas
Wish to make the perfect pineapple salsa on the market? Take a look at the following pointers earlier than diving into the recipe!
- Small items are your mates. Make sure you chop all of the fruit and veggies on this recipe finely – it might appear time-consuming, however it has an enormous payoff, because it actually permits their flavors to combine & meld, and also you get somewhat of all the things in every chunk.
- Utilizing leftover (or pre-cut) pineapple will prevent time. This recipe requires simply 2 cups of pineapple, so it’s an incredible one to make when you will have leftover pineapple within the fridge. In the event you don’t, purchase pre-cut pineapple to make this recipe fast & simple. Or break down an entire pineapple and freeze the leftovers to make avocado smoothies for breakfast!
- Make it to your style! This recipe is enjoyable & versatile, so make it the way you prefer it! Add extra jalapeño in order for you it spicier or additional lime if it’s not tangy sufficient. Strive including purple bell peppers for crunch, or stir some mango into the combination. Alternatively, try my mango salsa, my peach salsa, or my kiwi salsa verde for extra fruity salsa concepts!
What to Serve with Pineapple Salsa
I first made pineapple salsa for these stuffed peppers, and I’ve been in love with it ever since. You will discover it within the recipe for these nachos or this burrito bowl, however it might even be glorious with any of those dishes:
Even higher, prime it onto a DIY-burrito bowl with cilantro lime rice, veggies, black beans, and guacamole or serve it by itself with loads of tortilla chips and margaritas to drink!
The salsa will hold effectively within the fridge for as much as per week, so prep it forward and prime it onto salads, bowls, tacos, and extra all week lengthy!
In the event you love this pineapple salsa recipe…
Ensure that to strive my tomatillo salsa, pico de gallo, or cilantro lime dressing subsequent!
Writer: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe sort: Appetizer
- 2 cups diced recent pineapple
- ¼ cup diced purple onion
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- Juice and zest of lime
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix the pineapple, purple onion, jalapeño, lime juice and zest, cilantro, garlic, and sea salt. Season to style and chill till prepared to make use of.