An excellent grilled portobello mushroom burger is considered one of my favourite summer time meals. Cooked properly, it has a tangy, savory charred taste and meaty texture that’s completely scrumptious inside a toasted bun. I like a great do-it-yourself veggie burger, however once I’m craving one thing meaty and I’m not within the temper to get out the meals processor, a grilled portobello mushroom is my #1 selection. These come collectively in about 20 minutes and the mushrooms require simply 5 easy substances.
The way to Make Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
When you’ve by no means grilled portobello mushrooms earlier than, you’ll be shocked by how simple it’s. Simply observe these easy steps:
- Take away the stems from the mushrooms and use a humid towel to wipe the caps clear.
- Drizzle them generously with olive oil, balsamic & tamari and sprinkle them with salt & pepper. Use your fingers to ensure they’re absolutely coated – it’ll be a little bit messy, however the higher coated your burgers are, the extra flavorful they are going to be!
- Preheat your grill or grill pan and placed on the mushrooms, beginning with the gill facet up. Grill for Four-5 minutes per facet, till the mushrooms are tender and grill marks type.
- Prime along with your favourite fixings, and revel in!
Portobello Mushroom Burger Serving Solutions
In my first cookbook, I high my portobello mushrooms with a vibrant inexperienced cilantro pepita pesto. I like consuming them this fashion, however should you’re a portobello mushroom burger traditionalist, there’s no want to fret. The grilled portobellos are simply nearly as good with basic fixings like ketchup, mustard, mayo, pickles, and onion. In fact, I wouldn’t say no to a scoop of guacamole and/or a dollop of chipotle sauce.
When you’re serving these for a picnic, corn on the cob, potato salad, pasta salad, broccoli salad, or orzo salad would all be glorious on the facet.
In search of extra portobello mushroom recipes?
Do this veggie burger, these veggie canine, or these tacos.
Portobello Mushroom Burger
Writer: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe sort: Essential Course
- Four giant portobello mushrooms
- Additional-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Tamari, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Four hamburger buns, warmed or toasted
- sliced tomato
- sliced purple onion
- ketchup, mayo, mustard
- Pesto, Guacamole, or Chipotle Sauce, non-compulsory
- Put together the mushrooms by eradicating the stems and cleansing the caps with a humid fabric or paper towel. Place the mushrooms in a rimmed plate and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tamari, salt, and pepper. Use your fingers to assist coat the mushrooms on either side.
- Warmth a grill or grill pan over medium warmth. Place the mushrooms, gill facet up onto the grill pan. Cook dinner 5 to 7 minutes per facet, or till mushrooms are tender.
- Place the mushrooms onto the buns and serve with desired fixings.