I’ve been eager about Halloween recipes this weekend – that is prone to be the final one I submit this 12 months. I am keen on gnocchi however I do discover it very filling. It’s a dish for a day the place you want one thing satisfying and attractive. The day has been nothing however gray sky and drizzle so it is vitally apt to make a starchy dish and pumpkin is a seasonal various to potato. Get pleasure from!
- 1 Medium pumpkin – mine gave 600g flesh
- Spray oil
- 300g maize or cornflour
- 1 Egg
- 25g butter
- 10-12 sage leaves
- 30g Grated parmesan
- Slice the pumpkin and spray with oil and roast within the oven until mushy.
- Depart the slices until cooled.
- Take away the pores and skin from the flesh, season.
- Add to a blender with the egg and sufficient flour to bind the combination.
- The combination is barely mushy however may be weighed into 10g parts and rolled, then flattened with a fork.
- Warmth a big pan with boiling water add seasoning and drop within the gnocchi – don’t add to many directly – they are going to float (Halloween reference to IT right here) when prepared.
- You may need to vary the water if it turns into too starchy.
- Dry nicely on kitchen paper.
- Chop the sage, soften the butter in a pan and add the gnocchi.
- Serve and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Serves 6.