This oven roasted broccoli recipe is simple and versatile. The crisp, golden brown florets are scrumptious as a aspect dish or in all types of broccoli recipes!
Do you will have any favourite broccoli recipes? I find it irresistible in absolutely anything – broccoli salad, frittatas, pasta, and many others. – however my favourite option to eat broccoli could be the only: roasted!
Roasted broccoli is really easy to make, and the florets come out of the oven deliciously golden brown, crisp, and tender. I’ve a tough time not consuming all of them straight off the sheet pan, however they’re additionally a improbable addition to all types of recipes and a yummy aspect dish on their very own.
In the event you love roasted broccoli as a lot as I do, learn on to seek out my foolproof methodology for easy methods to roast it, together with a slew of serving options to make it flavorful, filling, and completely irresistible. Joyful roasting!
How one can Roast Broccoli
Making excellent roasted broccoli couldn’t be simpler! Right here’s what you must do:
- First, preheat the oven to 400 and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whereas the oven warms up, break a head of broccoli into evenly sized florets. Unfold them on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Toss the broccoli florets with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Switch them to the recent oven and bake for 15 to 22 minutes, till the florets are browned and crisp across the edges.
That’s it! You may as well roast Meyer lemon halves together with the broccoli. Proper after they come out of the oven, squeeze the roasted lemon juice over the florets. Then, end them with an enormous sprinkle of pink pepper flakes. Serve heat, and luxuriate in!
Straightforward Roasted Broccoli Recipe Ideas
- Wash AND dry your veggies. After you wash your head of broccoli, ensure that to dry it off earlier than you toss it with the oil. Somewhat moisture is okay, but when it’s too moist when it goes within the oven, it gained’t get brown and crisp.
- Don’t be afraid of the salt. Nobody loves bland broccoli, so salt yours generously. I sprinkle mine with sea salt earlier than roasting after which add extra, to style, after it comes out of the oven.
- Reduce your florets to an analogous measurement. Related-sized items will prepare dinner at an analogous price, so ensure that your florets are all about the identical measurement. You don’t need little ones to burn earlier than bigger ones turn into tender!
- Don’t let issues get too crowded! If the florets are too shut collectively on the sheet pan, they may steam within the oven, they usually gained’t get brown and crisp. Ensure that to unfold your florets in a good layer with a little bit area between every one.
- Don’t toss the stalk! Chop it and roast it proper together with the florets, put it aside to make soup, or pulse it into broccoli rice. Waste not, need not!
Oven Roasted Broccoli Serving Solutions
As I stated above, my favourite option to serve oven roasted broccoli is with an enormous squeeze of lemon juice and pink pepper flakes. However your choices don’t finish there! Listed here are just a few extra nice methods to decorate up this easy aspect dish:
- Toss it with chopped recent herbs like parsley or thyme.
- Sprinkle it with lemon zest.
- Drizzle it with sesame oil and tamari or soy sauce and sprinkle it with toasted sesame seeds.
- Within the ultimate couple of minutes of baking, sprinkle florets with grated Parmesan cheese and minced garlic. Bake for two extra minutes or so, till the broccoli is crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Drizzle it with a yummy sauce like cilantro lime dressing, tahini sauce, chipotle sauce, peanut sauce, or pesto, or serve it with the pink pepper muhamarra from this recipe for dipping.
Alternatively, make it a meal by itself! Add it to a straightforward roasted vegetable pasta, or pile it onto a DIY grain bowl with one of many sauces from above, a grain, and a protein. Listed here are just a few of my favorites:
What are you favourite roasted broccoli recipes? Let me know within the feedback!
Extra Roasted Greens
Attempt roasting one among these veggies subsequent!
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- Additional-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Meyer lemons, halved, optionally available
- Pink pepper flakes, optionally available
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the broccoli florets and lemon halves with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and unfold evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast 15 to 22 minutes or till browned across the edges. Sprinkle with pink pepper flakes, if desired.