In the event you requested me what vegetable I prefer to roast most, I’d should say – the almighty cauliflower! It’s a vegetable that I barely tolerated as a child, however I’m completely obsessive about now, particularly when it comes out of the oven with these roasty-toasty browned edges. I find it irresistible as a easy aspect dish or as the start line to a primary meal – pastas, pizzas, curries, you identify it! Under is my foolproof option to roast it in addition to a handful of no-recipe seasoning options, together with, however not restricted to, my favourite – which is solely with herbs and recent lemon zest… clearly 🙂
Learn how to Roast Cauliflower
- Begin by preheating your oven to 425 levels. Don’t go any decrease along with your oven temperature right here – a scorching oven will create good browning and crispy edges in your cauliflower florets.
- Wash your cauliflower and dry it completely. The dryer it’s, the higher it’ll brown within the oven.
- Break your cauliflower into bite-sized florets – I like to interrupt with mine with my fingers relatively than slicing it with a knife. This fashion, I get prettier florets!
- Drizzle the florets with olive oil, salt, and pepper, toss to coat, and unfold them into a good layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast in your preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or till the cauliflower is browned across the edges.
- Use in any dish that requires roasted cauliflower, or season to style with extra salt and pepper and revel in as-is!
Roasted Cauliflower Variations
In the event you’re serving your roasted cauliflower as a aspect dish, attempt any of those simple variations:
- Toss it with lemon zest and recent herbs akin to chopped parsley, recent thyme, or minced rosemary.
- Within the ultimate couple of minutes of baking, sprinkle florets with grated Parmesan and minced garlic. Bake for two extra minutes or so, till the cauliflower is crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle baked florets generously with vegan Parmesan.
- Spice it up! When your cauliflower has simply come out of the oven, toss it along with your favourite spices whereas it’s nonetheless heat. I like chili powder, curry powder, or a shawarma spice mix.
Roasted Cauliflower Suggestions
- Use convection bake in case you have it. Air circulates continuously in a convection oven, making the temperature constant all through it. When you have convection bake, you may get better-browned florets in much less time. Begin checking your cauliflower after 20 minutes!
- Make certain there may be house between your florets. In the event that they’re too crowded, they’ll steam, and so they gained’t get brown and crisp across the edges.
- Don’t be afraid of the salt. Nobody loves bland cauliflower, so salt yours generously. I salt mine with sea salt earlier than roasting after which add extra, to style, after it comes out of the oven.
- Goal to have evenly-sized florets for even cooking. You don’t need to have small florets burning earlier than large ones end roasting!
- Don’t toss the cores and greens. Chop the cores into bite-sized items and roast them together with the florets, flip them into cauliflower rice, or boil & mix them right into a creamy puree or soup! In case your cauliflower has good greens connected, you possibly can cook dinner these too – toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast on a separate baking sheet till they get frivolously browned across the edges.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- extra-virgin olive oil, for roasting
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper, for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Break the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper and unfold evenly onto the baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or till browned across the edges.
- Season to style and revel in as a aspect dish, jazz it up with herbs or spices, or use in your favourite roasted cauliflower recipe.