Final week, I completed up this fajita recipe, and I nonetheless had an abundance of bell peppers within the fridge. I debated what to do with them – Toss them into salad? Sauté them for my breakfast tacos? – however in the long run, I settled on making roasted crimson peppers to have readily available for summer season sauces, pizzas, pastas, and extra.
In case you’ve by no means made roasted crimson peppers, it’s tremendous straightforward, and once they’re completed, the peppers have a evenly candy, charred taste that’s a scrumptious addition to all types of recipes. They preserve for a number of weeks within the fridge, so make a giant batch to mix in to your subsequent dressing, high onto a sandwich, or function a easy appetizer with summer season herbs, sea salt, freshly floor black pepper, and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.
Methods to Roast Pink Peppers
There are just a few methods to make roasted crimson peppers at residence. My most well-liked technique for roasting is over a fuel burner. I’ll both use a grill pan or char them immediately over the fuel flame. In fact, you can too roast the peppers within the oven. Right here’s what it is advisable do:
1. Char the peppers entire over a fuel burner, on a grill pan, or beneath a broiler till the pores and skin is blackened throughout.
2. Then, take them off the warmth and place them in bowl. Cowl the bowl with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap, and permit the peppers to steam and soften for 10 minutes.
Three. When the peppers are cool sufficient to deal with, peel and take away the unfastened pores and skin. I like to go away only a little bit of the blackened pores and skin for a pleasant charred taste.
four. Lastly, slice off the stem and take away the membranes and seeds. At this level, you’ll be able to depart the peppers entire or slice them into strips, relying on how you propose to make use of them.
And that’s it! Roasted crimson pepper success.
Methods to Retailer Roasted Pink Peppers
Roasted crimson peppers are prepared to make use of as quickly as you’ve peeled off the skins and eliminated their seeds. In case you’re roasting one as half of a bigger recipe, you’ll be able to proceed with it immediately.
In case you’re getting ready a bigger batch to maintain readily available, permit them to chill fully earlier than transferring them to the fridge. To maintain them recent, retailer the peppers in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and pour olive oil over the peppers to cowl. Make sure you preserve them submerged within the oil for max freshness! Saved this fashion, they need to final for 2-Three weeks within the fridge.
Alternatively, freeze your roasted crimson peppers for longer storage. Unfold them in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet to freeze individually earlier than transferring them to an hermetic, freezer-safe container.
What to Do With Roasted Pink Peppers
When you’ve roasted your peppers, you may have limitless choices for utilizing them. Listed here are only a few concepts:
What do you love to do with roasted crimson peppers? Let me know within the feedback!
In case you love these roasted crimson peppers…
Strive roasted cauliflower, roasted beets, or roasted asparagus subsequent!
Roasted Pink Peppers
Writer: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe sort: Condiment
- Pink bell peppers
- Further-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Char the peppers over a fuel burner or beneath a broiler till the pores and skin is blackened throughout.
- Take away them from the warmth, place in a bowl and canopy with a towel or plastic wrap for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and use your palms to peel and take away the unfastened pores and skin.
- Slice off the stem, and take away the seeds; use the pepper entire or slice it into strips. Season to style with sea salt.
- To retailer the peppers, switch them to a jar, cowl them with olive oil, and retailer within the fridge for 2-Three weeks.