Make this simple shrimp and pasta salad to your subsequent picnic or potluck! It is made with tiny pink shrimp, pasta, a handful of veggies, and a easy lemon French dressing. Prepared in 20 minutes.
Pictures Credit score:
Right here’s a easy and simple shrimp pasta salad! Recent basil, pink bell peppers, pink onions, and a lemon and olive oil dressing with only a sprinkle of pink chili pepper flakes play so effectively on this shrimp pasta. You may assemble the entire salad within the time it takes to warmth the pasta water and prepare dinner the pasta.
Which Shrimp to Purchase
Any small, cooked, peeled shrimp will do. When accessible, the very best shrimp for this salad are the little “pink shrimp” from Maine (so known as as a result of they’re pink even once they’re uncooked). Frozen cooked shrimp works effectively for this recipe as a result of all it’s important to do is put it in chilly water for a couple of minutes to defrost, and the salad is served chilled.
A Nice Potluck Dish!
We’ve made this salad a number of occasions, most not too long ago for a potluck the place it was a giant hit. If bringing to an out of doors gathering, do preserve it chilled.
Ideas for Making this Shrimp Pasta Salad
- You can also make this pasta salad a couple of hours forward of serving. Preserve it chilled within the fridge till able to serve.
- This shrimp pasta salad is finest eaten the day it’s made.
- The pasta will take in the dressing the longer it sits. In case your salad appears a bit dry if you’re able to serve, simply toss in one other tablespoon or two of olive oil and lemon juice.
- You may used canned shrimp if that’s what you’ve got, however be sure you rinse the shrimp and drain them very effectively to keep away from a watery salad.
- This recipe is definitely doubled. Simply double all the elements, together with the salad dressing.
Extra Nice Pasta Salads for You to Strive!
Up to date Could 12, 2019 : We spiffed up this publish to make it sparkle! No adjustments to the unique recipe.
Shrimp Pasta Salad Recipe
Prep the elements when you warmth the pasta water and prepare dinner the pasta.
You may simply double the pasta quantity if you wish to stretch the salad additional.
The salad is finest the identical day it’s made, in any other case the basil is a bit wilt-y, and the pasta a bit sticky.
- half pound bow-tie (farfalle) or orecchiette pasta, or different quick pasta
- 2 kilos small frozen, already cooked and peeled shrimp (if accessible, pink shrimp aka Maine shrimp)
- 1 diced pink bell pepper
- 1 diced pink onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup chopped basil leaves (loosely packed)
- 1/three cup further virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1/four cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pink chile flakes
- Black pepper to style
1 Thaw the shrimp: Defrost frozen shrimp by inserting them in a bowl of chilly water. Preserve chilled till wanted.
2 Prepare dinner the pasta: Prepare dinner the pasta in effectively salted water (1 tablespoon salt for each 2 quarts water) till al dente, a bit firmer than you’d usually eat. (The pasta will take in a few of the salad dressing and soften additional after cooking.)
Rinse the pasta in chilly water to cease the cooking. Drain effectively and put into a big bowl.
three Assemble the salad: Rinse the shrimp and drain effectively. Add them to the bowl with the pasta and blend. Add the remaining elements and gently combine till effectively mixed.
four Chill and serve: Chill the salad for a minimum of an hour earlier than serving. Serve chilled.
Whats up! All images and content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use our images with out prior written permission. In the event you want to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your personal distinctive phrases and hyperlink again to Shrimp Pasta Salad on Merely Recipes. Thanks!
This publish might comprise hyperlinks to Amazon or different companions; your purchases through these hyperlinks can profit Merely Recipes.
Learn extra about our affiliate linking coverage.