I hope you have got numerous tomatoes. Why? As a result of I’ve one other actually nice tomato salad for you! This one is totally completely different from Tuesday’s salad – it’s actually fast and stuffed with spicy/candy/savory/tangy taste. You could acknowledge the gingery tamari-lime dressing from the cookbook and likewise from these rice bowls. It’s so excellent right here as a result of the contrasting flavors actually make the sweetness of the watermelon pop. That is the salad that I’ll be consuming till summer time is over as a result of it’s simply so scrumptious and refreshing.
And talking of pop – this one is slightly spicy as a result of, for my part, scorching days name for decent meals. You’ll be able to add roughly jalapeño relying in your spice desire, however I like to recommend not skimping an excessive amount of. The cool watermelon and the creamy avocado assist chill down the spice. Considerably 🙂
I like to serve this salad as a facet dish with no matter I’m grilling!
Spicy Tomato Watermelon Salad
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons recent lime juice
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- three heirloom tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 5 cups lower watermelon (about 2-inch triangles)
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeño and/or just a few thai chiles
- 2 tablespoons thai basil or common basil
- 2 tablespoons toasted cashews
- ½ avocado, diced
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Sea salt, to style if desired
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, mix the tamari, garlic, ginger, lime juice, and vinegar.
- Prepare the tomatoes, watermelon, and jalapeños on a platter or in a shallow bowl. (This salad shouldn’t be served in a deep bowl as a result of the flavorful juices will sink to the underside). Drizzle with the dressing and prime with Thai basil, toasted cashews and avocado. Season to style.
When you make this, allow us to see! Tag your picture with #loveandlemons on Instagram.