I’ve three actually nice explanation why you need to make watermelon margaritas this weekend: 1. It’s summertime on a Saturday! 2. These are really easy and require no extra sweetener other than the watermelon so that they’re borderline wholesome(?) and three. You made the Spicy Tomato and Watermelon salad on Thursday and now you have got leftover watermelon hanging out in your fridge. Waste not need not!
Let’s get mixing…
First, mix the watermelon and the lime juice. The juice will hold within the fridge for many of the week, so be at liberty to do this step prematurely.
Combine the watermelon-lime juice with spicy tequila and that’s it!
You can also make the jalapeño tequila to be as spicy as you want. Infuse it for 15 minutes and it’ll be delicate. Infuse it for half to someday and it’ll be fairly spicy. Infuse it for three days and, effectively, even that was too spicy for me and I’ve a reasonably excessive spice tolerance. In case you over spice your tequila, simply dilute it to style with plain tequila.
Spicy Watermelon Margaritas
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 5 cups reduce watermelon
- ½ cup lime juice, plus four sliced lime rounds for garnish
- Handfuls of ice
- Sea salt for glass rims, non-compulsory
- Mix the tequila and half of the jalapeño slices. Put aside for 15 to 30 minutes to infuse (the longer you infuse, the spicier it will likely be).
- In a blender, mix the watermelon with the lime juice and a handful of ice.
- Salt the rim of four glasses, if desired, and fill every with ice. Pour the watermelon lime juice into the glasses and stir 2 tablespoons of tequila into every glass. Garnish with the lime rounds.
In case you make this, allow us to see! Tag your photograph with #loveandlemons on Instagram.