Pictured above is what my excellent Saturday morning seems like. Besides, effectively, I don’t eat 7 pancakes on my particular person plate, however Jack would if I put this complete plate in entrance of him. Portion management apart, when you have a ripe banana hanging round, give these a attempt! That is a simple one-bowl recipe that simply occurs to be vegan, as a result of bananas assist baked items (or on this case, skillet items) rise with out the necessity for eggs.
Why I Love These Vegan Banana Pancakes
To be trustworthy, I’m not an enormous fan of bananas on their very own, however I really like them baked into muffins or bread, and now in these wholesome banana pancakes!
To make these pancakes a healthful breakfast on their very own, I take advantage of a combination of oat flour and complete wheat pastry flour, which makes them gentle and delicate. I add cinnamon and nutmeg to provide them a heat, spiced banana taste. And with loads of sweetness from ripe bananas, they require no added sweetener. (Although I don’t hesitate to serve them with a beneficiant drizzle of maple syrup.)
After all, I take advantage of almond milk as a substitute of dairy milk and olive oil as a substitute of butter to make these pancakes dairy-free. Flax takes the place of eggs on this recipe, so it’s completely vegan. 🙂
Suggestions for Making A+ Banana Pancakes
- Don’t overmix! In case your batter is simply too well-combined, your pancakes will likely be rubbery, not gentle and fluffy. If there are a couple of lumps in your batter, that’s okay.
- Alter the warmth as you cook dinner. Sometimes, I begin with my pan over medium warmth, however I decrease it throughout cooking to make sure that the pancakes cook dinner evenly. In case your warmth is simply too excessive, the outsides will burn whereas the insides keep uncooked.
- Wipe out the pan when you have extra oil on the perimeters – left alone, it’ll burn.
- Add oil between batches. Nothing’s worse than a pancake that sticks to the pan, so brush your skillet with olive oil every time you’re able to pour in new batter.
- Flip sooner than you assume you need to. This vegan batter is thick, so it doesn’t bubble up as a lot as conventional pancake batter would possibly. I cook dinner these about 1 1/2 minutes per facet.
Get artistic with this recipe!
Fold a scoop of chocolate chips or blueberries into the batter, or change up the spices! A touch of cardamom or ginger can be an incredible addition. And although I’m a fan of maple syrup, peanut butter, almond butter, or your favourite recent fruit would additionally make scrumptious toppings.
Let me know the way this vegan pancake recipe seems for you within the feedback, and revel in!
Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 1 tablespoon floor flaxseed
- three tablespoons water
- ½ cup mashed banana (about 1 giant)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup almond milk (1 to 2 teaspoons extra if the batter is simply too thick)
- 1½ cup complete wheat pastry flour*
- ½ cup oat flour**
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- heaping ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Maple syrup, banana slices, pecans, for serving
- In a big bowl, mix the flaxseed, water, and banana. Mash and stir till effectively mixed. Let the combination sit for five minutes to thicken. Add the olive oil, vanilla, and almond milk and whisk. Add the flour and sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt evenly excessive. Whisk till all of the elements are mixed, however the batter remains to be a bit lumpy. The batter will likely be a bit thick but when it’s too thick to pour, stir in 1 to 2 teaspoons extra almond milk.
- Warmth a nonstick skillet or griddle to medium warmth. Brush the skillet with slightly olive oil and use a ⅓-cup measuring cup to pour the batter onto the pan. Use the again of the cup to softly unfold the batter slightly extra. Cook dinner the pancakes till bubbles seem, about 1½ minutes per facet, turning the warmth to low as wanted in order that the middles cook dinner with out burning the outsides. I normally begin with medium warmth and transfer to low warmth as my pan begins to carry residual warmth after every batch.
- Serve with maple syrup, bananas, and pecans, if desired.
*I like Bob’s Crimson Mill Complete Wheat Pastry Flour
*To make the oat flour, use a meals processor or a blender to course of a heaping ½ cup rolled oats right into a tremendous flour and measure out one stage ½ cup.