It’s Friday – let’s make pizza!
I’m so loopy about this pizza as a result of it’s filled with a TON of greens, however not in a boring “I”m attempting to eat my greens” means. It tastes superb as a result of every one supplies an attention-grabbing texture or taste. The broccoli will get all roast-y toasty, the corn pops with sweetness, the solar dried tomatoes carry that tangy umami-flavor, and the jalapeño brings some spice to this Friday pizza occasion. The entire thing will get doused in a creamy/savory layer of cashew cream in lieu of any cheese or dairy. It’s pizza you’ll be able to be ok with! 🙂
Whereas this appears like a number of substances, it truly all comes collectively fairly rapidly.
When you chop all the things (even the stems of the broccoli!), toss all the things collectively in bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper till all the things is properly seasoned and properly coated. Whilst you do that, your accomplice might be stretching the pizza dough.
To make issues straightforward, I like to make use of Complete Meals’ Multigrain contemporary pizza dough – it may be discovered within the refrigerated space close to the pizza part of the shop. If you happen to don’t see it, ask the folks on the pizza counter. I’ve additionally heard that Dealer Joe’s contemporary dough is scrumptious.
And only a aspect be aware: I’ve been actually having fun with this hole-ey pizza pan these days – it will get the underside edges of the crust good and crisp.
Look what number of greens! I adore it 🙂
Unfold only a skinny layer of cashew cream onto the stretched dough. You need simply sufficient in order that the greens have one thing to stay to, however you don’t need the center to turn out to be too gooey.
The oozy cashew cream layer goes on on the very finish. You don’t wish to bake cashew cream within the oven – it loses a number of its creaminess if you happen to do.
So as soon as the pizza comes out of the oven, drizzle the cashew cream very generously excessive. End with contemporary basil and a sprinkle of crimson pepper flakes, if you happen to like.
Slice and devour!
Vegan Broccoli White Pizza
- 1 small head broccoli, florets chopped into small items, high of stalk diced (½ cup)
- ⅓ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- kernels from 1 ear contemporary corn
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped crimson onion
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- four oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling and brushing
- 1 (16-ounce) ball of pre-made contemporary pizza dough
- ½ cup contemporary basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons contemporary thyme leaves
- pinches of crimson pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup water, extra as wanted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the broccoli, tomatoes, corn, onion, jalapeño, and sun-dried tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and style. The greens ought to be well-seasoned and well-coated with the olive oil in order that the greens are flavorful all through the pizza.
- In the meantime, make the cashew cream. Place the cashews, water, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a high-speed blender and mix till creamy. Add extra water, if obligatory, to mix right into a easy consistency.
- Stretch the pizza dough onto a 14-inch pizza pan. Brush the outer edges of the dough frivolously with olive oil and spoon just a few scoops of cashew cream onto the middle of the dough, simply sufficient to unfold it into a skinny layer. Distribute the greens onto the dough. Bake 15 minutes, or till the crust is golden, cooked via, and the broccoli is tender and roasted. Take away from the oven and drizzle generously with the cashew cream. High with the contemporary basil, contemporary thyme, and pinches of crimson pepper flakes.