Even cheese lovers will fall for this Four-ingredient vegan Parmesan cheese. It is SO straightforward to make, and it is a tasty umami topping for pasta, salads, and extra!
This vegan Parmesan cheese recipe is my new favourite condiment. It’s sharp, vivid, savory, and wealthy, and so far as I can inform, it’s nice on absolutely anything.
I’ve made vegan Parmesan up to now, however this time, I added one additional ingredient: lemon zest! Its vivid taste introduced additional complexity to the savory, nutty combination, and now, I can’t get sufficient of it. I preserve an enormous jar readily available within the freezer, and I attain for it anytime a dish wants an additional punch of umami taste. When you’re dairy-free, attempting to include extra plant-based meals into your food regimen, or simply out of Parmesan, it’s important to do this recipe!
In fact, this vegan Parmesan cheese can’t step in for precise cheese in each state of affairs. I wouldn’t substitute it for Parmesan when the cheese is crucial for making a creamy sauce, like in my fettuccine Alfredo. Nevertheless, it’s a implausible vegan various to dairy anytime you’d garnish one thing with grated or shaved Parmesan. Suppose salads, pastas, pizza, and so on. After you have it readily available, you’ll sprinkle it over every little thing!
Vegan Parmesan Cheese Recipe Substances
My vegan Parmesan cheese recipe requires 4 easy elements:
- Cashews – They add richness and texture to this dairy-free cheese. For one of the best outcomes, use uncooked cashews right here. Like in my cashew cream, their impartial taste is good for this recipe. (Roasted cashews will give it a robust cashew-y style.) When you’re nut-free, substitute a mixture of uncooked sunflower seeds and hemp seeds for the cashews.
- Dietary yeast – The important thing ingredient for including tacky taste to vegan recipes! Like in my vegan cheese sauce, it makes this recipe tremendous savory, nutty, and scrumptious.
- Lemon zest – It provides the proper vivid counterpoint to the opposite wealthy, savory flavors right here.
- Sea salt – This recipe is finest once you salt to style, so just remember to don’t use salted cashews. Made with unsalted cashews, it wants about half of teaspoon salt to make all of the flavors pop.
Pulse the elements in a small meals processor till they kind a rough meal with a smooth, crumbly texture. Watch out to not course of the vegan Parmesan cheese for too lengthy, or the combination will flip into cashew butter!
In case your meals processor is just too giant to make a single batch, be happy to double the recipe. Retailer any leftovers within the fridge for as much as 5 days, or freeze them in an hermetic container for as much as a month.
There’s no have to thaw frozen vegan Parmesan cheese earlier than you utilize it. Due to its high quality texture, it thaws in a snap, so sprinkle it straight onto no matter you’re consuming!
What to Do with Vegan Parmesan Cheese
This easy vegan Parmesan cheese is a yummy umami topping for all kinds of recipes. Listed below are just some of my favourite methods to make use of it:
How do you want to make use of vegan Parm? Let me know within the feedback!
Extra Plant-Primarily based Cooking Parts
When you love this recipe, attempt making certainly one of these vegan cooking parts subsequent:
Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Preserve this scrumptious vegan Parmesan cheese readily available so as to add daring taste to pastas, pizzas, roasted veggies, and extra! Retailer leftovers within the fridge for five days or within the freezer for as much as a month.
- ½ cup uncooked cashews*
- 2 tablespoons dietary yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
Place the cashews, dietary yeast, salt, and lemon zest in a small meals processor. Pulse till the combination resembles a rough meal and has a smooth, crumbly texture.
Retailer within the fridge for as much as 5 days, freeze after that.