As soon as summer season rolls round, I can’t get sufficient of salads made with a mixture of peak-season fruits and veggies. I like a superb candy & savory mixture, and this watermelon salad with feta, mint, avocado, and a tangy lime dressing is precisely that.
Yearly, as quickly as I spot a superb watermelon, I rush house to make this recipe. It takes minutes to throw collectively, and it’s extremely refreshing. Strive it as soon as, and also you’ll have it on repeat for the remainder of watermelon season.
Watermelon Salad Recipe Components
Should you’ve by no means tried watermelon in a savory setting, you need to make this recipe ASAP. Juicy & contemporary, the melon goes SO properly with the opposite creamy, crisp, tangy, and spicy elements on this salad. Right here’s what makes it so scrumptious:
- Crimson onion, for a pointy chunk of taste and crispy texture
- Cucumber, for a cool, crisp addition
- Feta cheese, for a creamy, tangy factor
- Avocado, for additional creaminess. Plus watermelon + lime + avocado = a match made in heaven.
- Mint & basil, for contemporary natural notes (Mint & watermelon is one among my favourite combos too!)
- Serrano pepper, for a bit warmth (should you like, these are optionally available)
- And a vibrant lime dressing, to tie all of it collectively.
Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe Variations
This watermelon feta salad is a good one to play with. Listed here are a few of my favourite methods to vary it up:
- Don’t like spice? Skip the chile, and this watermelon salad will nonetheless be scrumptious.
- Add a bit crunch with a handful of toasted walnuts or cashews.
- Make this salad a full meal by serving it on a mattress of arugula with some quinoa blended in.
- Or change up the fruit and substitute strawberries for the watermelon.
Let me know what variations you strive!
What to Serve with Watermelon Salad
I like to make this salad for cookouts. It pairs properly with no matter you’re grilling, whether or not that be portobello mushroom burgers or canines, black bean burgers, veggie burgers, or corn on the cob.
It’s additionally good with picnic sandwiches like these chickpea shawarma wraps, these BBQ jackfruit sandwiches, this caprese sandwich, or this mushroom po’ boy.
If in case you have additional watermelon, make watermelon margaritas! Should you don’t have additional watermelon, you may by no means go unsuitable with traditional margaritas.
Should you love this watermelon salad recipe…
Strive extra of my favourite fruity salads like this strawberry caprese salad, this watermelon tomato salad, this summer season slaw, or this corn salad!
Watermelon Salad with Feta & Mint
Creator: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe sort: Salad
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- three tablespoons lime juice
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 heaping cup diced English cucumber
- ¼ cup thinly sliced purple onions
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ⅓ cup torn mint or basil leaves
- ½ jalapeño or serrano pepper, thinly sliced, optionally available
- Sea salt
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk collectively the olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt.
- Prepare the watermelon, cucumber, and purple onions on a big plate or platter. Drizzle with half the dressing. High with the feta, avocado, mint, and serrano pepper, if utilizing, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Season to style and serve.