Publish sponsored by Bob’s Crimson Mill. See under for extra particulars.
Normally in direction of the top of summer time, I really feel like I’m falling out of affection with cooking. I fear that the sensation will final. And but, inevitably, with the return of the cooler comes the pull to be again within the kitchen. I’m referred to as to bake scones and fast breads. Warming dinners substitute the simple summer time favorites. And residential-cooked brunches change into extra frequent.
This oven pancake feels a bit magical to me (which could even be why I find yourself making these extra within the fall). It’s so minimal on components however, with the assistance of a sizzling oven, puffs fantastically. Add seasonal fruit to the highest and it’s a phenomenal and scrumptious presentation
One fast notice. I usually push for a better share of entire wheat flour (someplace round 100%) however I’ve by no means been in a position to create the proper puff with wheat-flour solely. This is without doubt one of the handful of causes I hold Bob’s Crimson Mill all-purpose flour readily available. After all, you may simply use 100% wheat flour- see the notes within the recipe!
Step by Step
weekend dutch child
Flours (gluten-free): When you’re gluten-free and nonetheless wish to make this, Alanna has recipe in her e-book (that I shared here).
Toppings: Go together with what’s in season. This dutch child is an all-season sort of meal. It really works effectively with all the pieces from recent berries to lemon curd to the nice and cozy apples/pears.
Decadent: Serve this meal with a little bit of freshly whipped cream. Or should you’re actually feeling like a wealthy breakfast (or dessert), use ice cream.
- 2 giant eggs
- 1/2 cup entire milk
- 1/four cup white entire wheat flour (see notice)
- 1/four cup + 2 tablespoons all objective flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/eight teaspoon salt
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 giant apple
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Mix eggs, milk, flours, maple syrup, lemon zest, and salt in a blender. Pulse till mixed. Alternatively, whip with a whisk in a bowl till the batter is easy.
- On the range high, soften 1 tablespoon butter in a eight″ forged iron (effectively seasoned) skillet. Swirl round to cowl the pan as soon as melted. Flip off the warmth, add the batter to the pan, and switch the pan to the new oven. Bake, with out opening the oven door, in oven till golden brown and puffed, 20-25 minutes.
- Slice apples in to 1/four″ thick slices. Place in a pot/pant with maple syrup, butter, and cinnamon. Warmth oven medium-low warmth till apple are beginning to soften, eight to 10 minutes.
- Take away dutch child from oven and high with apples. Serve with butter and further maple syrup if desired.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me hold this website operating to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.